Let's assume Izzy wins the LHW title ...

Why assume? Izzy gonna stylebend Jan all night long and take that belt.

I've posted this before, but I'm not optimistic about Adesanya's chances at LHW. If he stays at MW, I can picture going on a legendary, Anderson Silva-esque run.

If Adesanya fought a returning Rumble, that would be interesting. Rumble only loses to guys via RNC, so it'd be fun to see Izzy choke someone out for once.

I think he will do great in both right now. The LHW has some talent rising....I say in 1 to 2 years it will be steep. Thing about UFC is a division can change in 1 to 2 years so...
Yeah, he probably will. Somehow, those divisions lack great wrestling based contenders. That's great for Izzy, cause a DC or 2012 Jon Jones would probably squeeze the man flat as a guitar string

I've posted this before, but I'm not optimistic about Adesanya's chances at LHW. If he stays at MW, I can picture going on a legendary, Anderson Silva-esque run.

If Adesanya fought a returning Rumble, that would be interesting. Rumble only loses to guys via RNC, so it'd be fun to see Izzy choke someone out for once.
Hmm. I doubt he will get such a run. Picture him against Prime Sonnen. He is a very technical striker, but I don't see him beat a 185 lbs Khabib

Jones would come back to do a fight against Izzy. Given the back and forth between those two they have to fight at some point. Dana and UFC seems on board with it happening where initially it seemed like two guys jabbering at each other but would never be matched up.

I didn’t realize he was that big.

Rampage Jackson got the job done with a 73’ reach as a lightheavy, so there should be no excuses.
That's what UFC have billed him, at least.
http://ufcstats.com/fighter-details/1338e2c7480bdf9e
I think of it more as mass. He doesn't cut much to make mw. His height though is definitely an advantage so I agree with you there for sure.
The size topic can be dissected for days on end. I get the complexity of it all. There are guys like DC who are legitimately huge despite shorter stature - the dude's rib cage is bigger than my washing machine. I would never call Izzy bigger than DC. Then there are guys like Magny and Condit who are tall, but I'd never tell them to be MWs. And then there's Johnny Hendricks, for example, dude with a FW frame who ate all the way up to MW (even missed weight for it) - but no one would ever call him bigger than Izzy, no matter how much of a proportional sphere he becomes. Add to it, I don't think height and reach in on themselves is enough, but there is a point where you have enough mass to at least mostly cancel out any weight advantage the opponent is bringing via weight cutting, allowing your superior height and reach to take over - if you know how to use them to your advantage, which Izzy does.

So I get all of that, but Izzy isn't so much a small but a lean, disciplined, ready to go motherfucker. He isn't carrying a lot of weight cause he's constantly battle ready. None of these bigger weight cutters could keep his schedule with the balloon life style they're nurturing.

The Wilkinson->Silva stretch was 5 fights in 12 months, for example. There is no room to pig out there. And he's still keeping that pace. Had 3 fights last year, tried to get 3 this year. So, my case is, the walk around version of him we see isn't so much him being skinny by default but just staying compact and ready. Everyone else would seem skinny like him, if they stayed ready like that. If he starts fighting once a year or something like that, I think we could expect him to fill out more in between fights and having rougher cuts as a result.

Sheesh what a fat reply... Yeah, I think the dude's pretty huge.

Yep keep doubting Jan.
Lol. No disrespect to you because you are a solid poster, whether I agree with you opinions or not but I hate when people respond with this. If I said Jan sucked os something then you could say this.

But I'm not "doubting Jan". I'm aware of his abilities and believe he's a dangerous threat and a great challenge. I'm simply confident in Adesanya when I simply look at it from a talent and technical ability.

Being confident in one guy doesn't mean you're doubting the other. On the other hand I don't believe you're as confident in Jan as you present yourself to be at the moment.

I'm not assuming anything. I'm picking Jan to win, and spoil this little party.

Lol. No disrespect to you because you are a solid poster, whether I agree with you opinions or not but I hate when people respond with this. If I said Jan sucked os something then you could say this.

But I'm not "doubting Jan". I'm aware of his abilities and believe he's a dangerous threat and a great challenge. I'm simply confident in Adesanya when I simply look at it from a talent and technical ability.

Being confident in one guy doesn't mean you're doubting the other. On the other hand I don't believe you're as confident in Jan as you present yourself to be at the moment.
I'll DM you my betting ticket.

rakic prochazka santon jan glover volkan ankalaev and even reyes they all beat pizzy if he does not expend most of the figth running

if we gonna play fantasy then the scenario is as follows

Jon loses at HW and he will challenge again at LHW to see if he can recapture ..

izzy will be there and retire funny bones jones once and for all

Back