Let's assume Izzy wins the LHW title ...

GEMMAYUI

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
What next? Jones is not coming back to LHW, not now, and there is no-one at LHW that makes for an exciting match-up with Izzy. The only person who might make for an interesting fight, and stands at least some chance of winning, would be Rumble, and i;d like to see this one.

Personally, i think the fights at MW, against the likes of Romero and Costa and Whittaker, are much more interesting. I know Izzy has already defeated all of these, but some of these fights like the Costa and Romero ones, were just plain weird to see, and it would be interesting to see what happens if either of these two fighters got another chance. Same with Whittaker.

Man. Idk. If not for Whittaker the MW division would be worthless for Izzy in my opinion. LHW is already a wasteland. Rumble gasses out after 2 and gets pieced up though. Izzy is a compelling fighter, and he’d still have a reach advantage of like 6-10 inches at LHW, but for the life of me I can’t think of anyone I’m dying to see him compete against.

Its a smart fight for Izzy, a relatively easy chance to become a double champ. If he wins, i think he will challenge Jones. If Jones isnt interested, he will fight at 185

Jones took a break and will be back at LHW. There is now HW bulk taking place. But if we're imagining a story where he doesn't come back - Izzy seems the right kind of #yolo to go for the 3rd belt at HW (depending on whoever holds it by that point could derail that idea, though).

The second Izzy wins the LHW Jones will conveniently move back down.

Without size and reach advantage Izzy will do nuttin at LHW

Yeah cause Izzy is so much bigger Than his MW opponent.

If you have just to be taller than your opponent to be the undisputed champ in your weightclass, I don't understand why James Vick never make it in the top 5.

Being 6'4" with an 80 inch reach at MW isn't indicative of a size advantage?
I think of it more as mass. He doesn't cut much to make mw. His height though is definitely an advantage so I agree with you there for sure.

Yeah cause Izzy is so much bigger Than his MW opponent.

If you have just to be taller than your opponent to be the undisputed champ in your weightclass, I don't understand why James Vick never make it in the top 5.
Yes, or Struve

Wtf?? No interesting fights for Izzy at LHW?? I know of s dozen.

Being 6'4" with an 80 inch reach at MW isn't indicative of a size advantage?

I didn’t realize he was that big.

Rampage Jackson got the job done with a 73’ reach as a lightheavy, so there should be no excuses.

Jan
Whittaker
Santos (if he wins)
JBJ.......

Without size and reach advantage Izzy will do nuttin at LHW
Very unlikely. More likely that he is a step faster than the competition, especially since he isn't planning on bulking up.

I suspect you find the skill gap even bigger at 205 than he had at 185.

That said, in spite of the wider skill gap at 205, I think he does find himself in riskier scenarios. He survives getting caught by Romero and Costa, and can eat Kelvin's shots all day. That becomes more and more of a liability as you go up in weight.

They are very different fighters, but I would direct your attention to Overeem. Skills for days, but can be put out at any moment. Izzy has shown his chin is strong, but do not be surprised if he gets caught and put out at the heavier weight classes.

(I still have him dusting those fools though!)

Its a smart fight for Izzy, a relatively easy chance to become a double champ. If he wins, i think he will challenge Jones. If Jones isnt interested, he will fight at 185

I think he will do great in both right now. The LHW has some talent rising....I say in 1 to 2 years it will be steep. Thing about UFC is a division can change in 1 to 2 years so...

Jan is gonna knock him out but let's play the hypothetical game.

Winner of Glover/Santos

Back