Lets all examine Jones' Defender logic. & How wrong they are

How do all the Jones haters feel about Tyson? Do you hate him too for being disrespectful?

As a parent of a teenager who aspires to compete in MMA, I care. I care because just like any other sport, professionals are who kids who will compete in the future look up to. When professionals can't conduct themselves professionally it give a poor message to those who look up to them.

That said, this is not the first time I have made this argument. This is not just hate for Jones. If you follow my post deep enough, you will find a similar statement about Rashad Evans crotch grab when he fought Forrest Griffin.

FWIW, I don't particularly like Jones or some of the things he does, but I can separate it the man from the fighter.

The fact that people take their hatred of him and try to use it to undermine him as a fighter has made me like him, when I once disliked him.

If I didn't have money on Jones, I would have cheered for DC, but there's no denying how great Jones is.

When the Eye Poke Army keep using the phrase "Haters gonna hate" to justify whatever actions of his that might be called in to question is tantamount to saying that standards of common sense and decency don't apply to Jones and that no matter what Jones do.

No matter how foolish and reprehensible, MMA fans are not allowed to reprimand Jones for that action because that makes them a "hater" and you're simply "hating" out of jealousy or other irrational bullshit like "Herp he destroyed your favorite fighters derp"

The overabundance of the word "Hater" word in this day and age just one example of how the Eye Poke Army are being lead down a dangerous path of unprecedented ignorance, apathy and vanity just like Jones (sadly)

Calling someone a "hater" because they said some criticism in this instance about Jones makes the member of the Eye Poke Army look ignorant or stupid for giving negative feedback, basically dismissing an argument without addressing it by using a personal insult.

ezgif-2264298711.gif

10/10.

This is an easy way to explain it as a Jones fan: WE DONT GIVE A SHIT.

I watch this sport for entertainment value only. I always lol @ you babies who watch this sport for role models

This. As long as Jones isn't doing horrible shit, whatever.

Oh man, I will acknowledge his skills and greatness as a fighter all day long. I think a line needs to be drawn on why someone should root for him or not. Do I truly hate him as a person, as a human being? Nah, to each his own, and honestly I don't know him that well outside of what the media shows. But from what I have seen so far, his behavior can certainly determine whether I like him as a fighter and root for him or not.

That should probably be the case for anyone you're a fan of. If your only motives for being someone's fan is whether they are constantly winning or not, then you have no substance.

Jones is a douche but eh whatever , i hope he brings more people to buys ppvs but he needs to go full heel,lol
Never go full heel (unless youre jones)

As a parent of a teenager who aspires to compete in MMA, I care. I care because just like any other sport, professionals are who kids who will compete in the future look up to. When professionals can't conduct themselves professionally it give a poor message to those who look up to them.

That said, this is not the first time I have made this argument. This is not just hate for Jones. If you follow my post deep enough, you will find a similar statement about Rashad Evans crotch grab when he fought Forrest Griffin.

As a parent, you should be old enough to tell your kid to look up to Jones on the skill aspect and not the Jones outside of the sport. It's not that hard to do. The man works hard to be at the top. Sadly in any sport there are top players who are not good role models. Athletes work so hard to get to the top. You know how hard it is for them to bottle up emotions right up until they achieve their goals? Give jones his day. He earned it. Go cry yourself to sleep. You'll feel better tomorrow.

FWIW, I don't particularly like Jones or some of the things he does, but I can separate it the man from the fighter.

The fact that people take their hatred of him and try to use it to undermine him as a fighter has made me like him, when I once disliked him.

If I didn't have money on Jones, I would have cheered for DC, but there's no denying how great Jones is.

Jones is a great fighter, there is no doubt in my mind that he is one of the best of his generation. That said, I don't believe that excuses him from being unprofessional and/or disrespectful. I wasn't cheering for either fighter really. I would just like to see Jones lose so he can be humbled, and perhaps the reality check would do him some good.

They are fanboys who live vicariously, it really doesn't matter what Jones does they will defend all of his actions as long as he wins. They are like battered wives, reflexively defending their drunken husband from the cops.

When he loses, they will drop him like bad habit & glom on to the next phenom/new breed etc & the cycle will repeat. It's happened before & will happen again.

Jones is a narcissist. Fans of narcissists don't even understand how big of idiots their own idols consider them. That's your consolation prize.

What I have yet to understand is the level of fanboyism with Jones. More than any other fighter, adult males rush to "defend" him in the way that a woman defends her man.
They boast about him in the way only a woman should boast about a man, as if his success has been because of their emotional support.
They have some emotional attachment to him, which is really weird.

What I have yet to understand is the level of fanboyism with Jones. More than any other fighter, adult males rush to "defend" him in the way that a woman defends her man.
They boast about him in the way only a woman should boast about a man, as if his success has been because of their emotional support.

lol - which side seems more emotional in this thread?

Geezus, TS. Somone must have added one part cement and 2 part stones to all that sand you carry in your vagina.

I can only speak for myself, but I was pretty neutral to Jones until I noticed how much everyone else hated him, and I always like fighters who are super skilled that people hate for no apparent reason at all. When he took out Machida he became one of my favorite fighters and the hate people feel for him has just gotten stronger ever since.

I get such a laugh out of these "I wouldnt like my Little Jimmy looking up to that bad man as a role model"

and "Jon Jones is such a bad man, he says he is christian but he pokes people in the eyes!!"

You are a whingey lot really. I get with Joe Rogan says, I generally think Middle class white America has their backs up against these Cocky black champs (see mayweather) Admit it TS, its a race thing.

You are watching a SPORT not a reality show. Like the guy or dislike the guy for what he does in the SPORT, not how much you want to have a beer with him (or a pray with him or whatever these pricks who dont like him do for fun)

What do you want in your cage fighters, lovely, god fearing, humble, family men who support the troops... or fighters who dish out spinning elbows and flying knees?

I get such a laugh out of these "I wouldnt like my Little Jimmy looking up to that bad man as a role model"

and "Jon Jones is such a bad man, he says he is christian but he pokes people in the eyes!!"

You are a whingey lot really. I get with Joe Rogan says, I generally think Middle class white America has their backs up against these Cocky black champs (see mayweather) Admit it TS, its a race thing.

You are watching a SPORT not a reality show. Like the guy or dislike the guy for what he does in the SPORT, not how much you want to have a beer with him (or a pray with him or whatever these pricks who dont like him do for fun)

What do you want in your cage fighters, lovely, god fearing, humble, family men who support the troops... or fighters who dish out spinning elbows and flying knees?

Mayweather actually does something that makes him unlikeable, ie beats every woman he comes into contact with relentlessly. At least that is a legitimate reason to dislike someone unlike Jones "he's fake!" reason. You can't really compare what Jones does to people like Michael Vick who actually do something hate worthy.

I think the haters problem is that they are babies and butthurt about their favorites being slaughtered. Jones could cure cancer and people would hate on him for it.

I can only speak for myself, but I was pretty neutral to Jones until I noticed how much everyone else hated him, and I always like fighters who are super skilled that people hate for no apparent reason at all. When he took out Machida he became one of my favorite fighters and the hate people feel for him has just gotten stronger ever since.

The "hate" is exaggerated.
It is quite reasonable to respect Jones' elite skill level and the way he carries out his fight plan
and also get disgusted at the constant eye poking, etc.

And people differ on how much they think a fighter's crazy comments, perceived hypocrisy, etc. should be factored into an overall opinion of a fighter.

In conclusion: Stop the eye poking.

All this Jones hate makes me like him more and more.

And I've been sort of Jones hater since the Bader fight.

Plus: lol at the "sucker punch" that landed while the fight was still on. :cool:

Mayweather actually does something that makes him unlikeable, ie beats every woman he comes into contact with relentlessly. At least that is a legitimate reason to dislike someone unlike Jones "he's fake!" reason. You can't really compare what Jones does to people like Michael Vick who actually do something hate worthy.

Yeah that is true mate, Mayweather is genuinley a bad guy, Jones just isnt overly likeable.

Mayweather is the greatest figthter or a generation but I feel he is sort of underappreciated by the public because he is such a shitty human being.

Jones is getting the same sort of treatment and it tends to blur peoples opinion of him as a fighter.

Point is they are fighters, we should be talking their in ring ability and nothing more. Who is a nicer guy is really irrelevant when Im thinking about who I want to watch fight.

When the Eye Poke Army keep using the phrase "Haters gonna hate" to justify whatever actions of his that might be called in to question is tantamount to saying that standards of common sense and decency don't apply to Jones and that no matter what Jones do.

No matter how foolish and reprehensible, MMA fans are not allowed to reprimand Jones for that action because that makes them a "hater" and you're simply "hating" out of jealousy

Eye Poke Army is an excellent description.
And by the way, anyone who opposes the EPA is a "hater."

Back