Lethal shoulder shots

Fair points, however I would offer up some stark contrasts to your comments. The first being that you are not the tall slender guy who actually has the most wins and finishes in the UFC and the second being Jose Aldo at the very least, tried to defend himself. but like you and a lot of folks are saying, Shit does happen

Cerrone needs space. When he is pressured he is bad. He has well documented problems with anxiety and getting off to slow starts in fights. Conor thrives on pressure and pressures people and starts fast.

Is normal.

Rewatched the fight a couple of times now and those shoulder shots had some power in them. How anyone can say this fight was fixed is crazy. Feel bad for Cerrone losing in that way, but well done Conor great performance.
Indeed. Just a great performance. Nobody expected shoulder shots or a kick to the face - not even Cerrone. Conor's responses to Donald's actions were damn near perfect, and even though the kick didn't land the way he had hoped, the setup was outstanding.

I'm not at all a fan of Conor, but that was a great performance. Also, fuck anyone that thinks Cerrone took a dive. You all just sound dumb.. stop it.

All this jive talk about diving... I'm a tall, slender guy built kind of like Cerrone - and I've had similar things happen to me when I get rushed by shorter, quicker opponents and fail to control the space. Shit happens. Conor is deadly out of the gate - ask Aldo.
lol

I don’t think you guys understand what a fixed fight looks like. It doesn’t look like a wrestling match. Real damage occurs just one fighter goes down and stays down.

Exactly, it’s I offer you a huge bonus, favorable contract to end your career in a predictable financial way and you (wink, wink) give us an “Exciting war.”

“If taking a few hard shots and a busted nose is necessary, well.... that’s the fight game.... right?”

Handshake, contract signature, 200k show..... and a comparatively LARGE backroom bonus and awesome six-fight contract for a 36 year old. No Rizin, One FC or Bellator for you Cowboy.....

* I’m not saying this happened, I’m saying Conor unloaded on Cowboy and Cowboy took a beating that really did hurt him and he just.... went with it knowing not defending yourself equals a TKO.

Cerrone left the octagon looking like the guy from goonies and people claim this was fixed...

For fuck's sake.
That doesnt prove it wasnt fixed. Im not saying it was but just because you actually take a beating doesnt mean shit.

Surprised not many realized it yet but those shoulder strikes conor worked on are a direct response to what went down in Khabib fight. He intends to use those in clinch with Khabib remember this post in few months....

I don’t think you guys understand what a fixed fight looks like. It doesn’t look like a wrestling match. Real damage occurs just one fighter goes down and stays down.
The idea that all fixed fights look the same and that it’s black and white is absurd. There are obvious works but there are also fights that we’d have no idea and don’t look staged or like scripted matches. Corruption is rampant in sports/entertainment and comes in many shapes sizes and forms.

I don’t think this fight was a work for the record but I certainly wouldn’t rule it out just because Cerrone got fucked up.

Jones done that years ago
and other "moves" like knee kicks, poking and so on

Lol Cowboy so shot he gets rocked by a shoulder bump these days
Yep. Thats my take on it.

Imagine, youre either accused of throwing the fight or not, which means, shoulder strikes fucked you up. And thats from a smaller guy.

Agreed. If you and i fight and we agree i go down in the first round, ill wait for a believeable hit, hope i dont get kod, and instead, turtle up, giving you a tko, and me, a big check. Plus, i dont take much punishment cuz its only a few seconds of shit.

Beautiful unexpected shots. I have a feeling he has many more tricks up his sleeve, especially some surprises for the jocksniffers. He is pursuing a Khabib rematch after all

Jones
Was never airborne
Conor first ever to smoke someone with a shoulder
Now others will copy it
Truly innovative

after last night...you are 100 percent my friend. Cant think of any other time shoulder strikes caused someone to not throw a punch. Great job Conor.

Cowboy, biggest fight of his career lands zero punches. not a great job. Just the facts

Dude did you even watched the fight? He tried to go for a takedown right away and got tkoed that's why he didn't throw a strike wtf.. i bet you also think the earth is flat??

Dude did you even watched the fight? He tried to go for a takedown right away and got tkoed that's why he didn't throw a strike wtf.. i bet you also think the earth is flat??

Cowboy landed zero strikes are you arguing against that fact?

The knee/thigh before them shots did the damage, Ceronne ducked blindly into it.

Back