Let Us Use The Scoring System Not Emotion To Decide Who Won.

Moving forward while getting outstruck, and actually having a LOWER output is not aggression or octagon control, it’s just following the other guy around.

Hold on though. Jones was able to corner reyes a few times by being aggressive and was able to end up with the takedowns. Seems like effective aggression to me.

It is not my interpretation of the criteria. I gave the link to the reference I used. The problem with my post, as others have already pointed out, is that I completely forgot that MMA fights are judged per round.

i.e. your post is shit and irrelevant. It is useless and filled with irrelevant words.

I'm running the fight back in my mind and wondering how it would have gone with Pride judging.

The complete dropoff from Reyes in 4/5 and utter control and domination of Jones in 4/5 may very well have caused a similar outcome. A lot of emphasis would have been placed on the last 10 minutes being in Jones favor.

Jones won on effective strikes too. Them leg kicks. Didnt see him rocked from Doms punches

JBJ indeed got rocked... I believe it was early in the 3rd and Jones got cracked repeatedly (you could even hear the shots), hurt and initiated a clinch. He was in trouble for a moment.

That said, he recovered and recomposed himself well.

PRIORITIZED CRITERIA:
Effective Striking/Grappling:
Reyes won effective striking. Jones won effective grappling. So, this criteria is a draw.
Effective Aggressiveness: Jones was clearly the more aggressive fighter.
Fighting Area Control: Jones was clearly the more in control of the Octagon fighter.

OTHER CRITERIA:
Impact :
Jones wins because he had Reyes visibly bleeding and lacerated.
Dominance: Jones wins because he spent more time attacking and pushing Reyes back.
Duration: Same as above.

Based on these rules, it is not incompetent to judge Jon Jones as the winner. Fans are only looking at the "ooh, aah!" action. Judges are looking at everything. The scoring is a bigger problem than the judges.

https://mmareferee.com/?q=unifiedrules
Fights are scored by rounds donut, in this case Reyes effectively outstruck Jones for the first 3 rounds. Each should have been 10-9 in favor of Reyes. Jones out struck dominick in rounds 4,5 had some TD’s but did nothing with them. He did not do enough damage in either of the champ rounds to warrant 10-8’s. And so Dominick 48-47.

Hold on though. Jones was able to corner reyes a few times by being aggressive and was able to end up with the takedowns. Seems like effective aggression to me.

We know that Jones won rds 4-5, but was he able to do this in rds 1-2-3? What did he do to win any one of those first three rounds?

We know that Jones won rds 4-5, but was he able to do this in rds 1-2-3? What did he do to win any one of those first three rounds?

Landed better shots round one

Just because you throw more punches does not mean you outstruck him, the dude missed like, almost 40 punches when Jones missled like 10

i mean reyes had more strikes in round 1,2,3 ... jones had no TDS in thos rounds... its not rocket science kids

Right? Lmao

People are trying so hard to come up with something to justify Jones stealing either round 2 or 3

6 mins 10 secs into the video, round 2.

Duh Jones chased him all over the octagon, octagon control bro duh.

PRIORITIZED CRITERIA:
Effective Striking/Grappling:
Reyes won effective striking. Jones won effective grappling. So, this criteria is a draw.
Effective Aggressiveness: Jones was clearly the more aggressive fighter.
Fighting Area Control: Jones was clearly the more in control of the Octagon fighter.

OTHER CRITERIA:
Impact :
Jones wins because he had Reyes visibly bleeding and lacerated.
Dominance: Jones wins because he spent more time attacking and pushing Reyes back.
Duration: Same as above.

Based on these rules, it is not incompetent to judge Jon Jones as the winner. Fans are only looking at the "ooh, aah!" action. Judges are looking at everything. The scoring is a bigger problem than the judges.

https://mmareferee.com/?q=unifiedrules

Aggro and control mean jack shit unless striking/grappling is "100% even"

27:21 in R2 is Jon landing 77% of what Reyes did

MMA-Unified-Rules.jpg

Reyes 1, 2, 3

Landed better shots round one

Just because you throw more punches does not mean you outstruck him, the dude missed like, almost 40 punches when Jones missled like 10

Well if you’re going to talk this kind of nonsense, I’m not going to waste any more time one you. Enjoy the ‘win’.

Back