Let them Fight! Killer Whale hunting of Great Whites Increases!

I hope this leads the great whites to evolve into something more badass

I would love to see how they hunt the Great Whites. That would be amazing footage to see.

I would love to see how they hunt the Great Whites. That would be amazing footage to see.

From what I've seen on TV iirc they swim well below it then fly upward and ram the shark's ventral side and flip it onto its dorsal side where apparently the shark goes into some kind of catatonic state

I'm just wondering how did killer whales figure out sharks go all derp derp once you roll them over

From what I've seen on TV iirc they swim well below it then fly upward and ram the shark's ventral side and flip it onto its dorsal side where apparently the shark goes into some kind of catatonic state
It's called tonic immobility. Marine biologists that study sharks have known about it for a long time. Only orcas are big enough to do it to a great white.

The great whites are being cucked by the Orcas and are now forced to flee their territories

Orca would be a hated animal if not for the movie Free Willy

Nah, they're cool with homo sapiens.

Game recognizes game.

But seriously they recognized our murderous potential as hunting partners years ago and have bonded with human whalers and fisherman over the centuries and maybe even longer than that.

See "the Law of the Tongue".

Yes this is one method.

They also indicate in the video that targeted sneak attacks of just coming up and biting a chunk of the Shark in a crippling way is a method.

I know that in battles between smaller dolphins and sharks, dolphins will often ram their nose into the sharks gills at high speed and destroy the gills thus basically denying the shark the ability to breath.

I suspect all these methods would be used.

If you have ever seen this sad video of a pack of Orca's separating a much larger grey whale mother from its baby you can see how strategic they are and do work in packs. Arguably the best pack animal in terms of battle strategy outside man, and above wolves.

giphy.gif
Thanks. I won't be having sausages for a while now.

Last edited:
I think you meant to say Orcas preying on great whites is increasing, not killer whales. Orcas are killer whales.

Man, that's fucking beautiful.

Old Tom was gangsta.

I look at the relationships between Orca and man as a window into the early cooperative hunting that likely resulted in the domestication of dogs from wolves.

Somewhere in the distant past a wolf pack started working with a human hunting party the way Old Tom's orca pod started working with whalers.

For the lazy:

https://blogs.scientificamerican.co...f-old-tom-and-the-gruesome-law-of-the-tongue/

Killer Whales are quite cruel and nasty at times. The way they chase large female whales who have a little calf with them for many miles. Then when the calf can't keep running away the Killers start ramming into the calf's underside. They they get into the calf's mouth and start eating it's tongue and then fuck off!
The mother is very much bigger than the killers but she can't do anything. Too slow and no teeth.
Killer Whales even attack Sperm whales. Again the Sperm whales are bigger and they do have teeth but the Orcas a much more maneuverable.

Back