Let It Die - PS4 F2P

TheFirstEMP

Overdone and dry!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Surprised that this thread hasn't been made already.

Let it die is a hack and slash, Dark Souls style game, free to play for the PS4.

31037110585_9a20efd5b0_o.jpg

Plot
In 2026, an earthquake destroys and changes much of the world. Southwestern Tokyo split off into the ocean and became an island covered in fog. A giant structure, the Tower of Barbs, rose up out of the middle of the island. This tower is the setting for the game, in which the protagonist character is exploring. They are aided by a grim reaper figure named Uncle Death.

Gameplay
After customizing their own avatar, players are set loose in Let It Die without weapons or clothing, excluding a gasmask. Equipment will then go on to be earned by killing foes among other ways, possibly through microtransactions given the game's free-to-play status. These objects are given unique attack and defense bonuses, much like equipment in traditional role-playing games. Players will be ranked by level and upon death, each deceased avatar's player data will be gathered and put to use as opponents in future matches. Similar artificial intelligence systems exist in Ascend: Hand of Kul and Forza Motorsport 5, in which players can be represented by an avatar in others' games, without actively participating themselves. A companion app for smartphones is also expected to launch alongside the game to presumably assist with tracking these online interactions. Although the companion app was planned, Suda51 has stated in a gamespot interview that his cohorts and himself completely forgot about it. Thus making the chances of the companion app releasing slim. Players have three lives before your character dies for good. These services are provided by the insurance salesgirl Kiwako Seto who appears in the Game Over menu.
(explanation borrowed from Wiki, because I'm lazy)

So far the game isn't bad, can't complain being as it is free and all.

A couple of cool things that I enjoyed - When your character dies you have 2 options. Option #1 is to pay to have yourself resurrected through "life insurance." It's costly, but it's also very easy to grind money. Option #2 which is really cool and unique is to die and come back in the life of a body that is stored in your freezer. Now when you die, you leave your old body behind which is called a "hater." These haters will stay in the spot that they were killed and become an enemy to other online players and to you. So if you want that profile back, go back and kill your hater.

Some things that aren't so great or that may just be a bit tedious.
- Gear that you collect tends to wear down rather quickly.
- As you climb the tower, some levels won't have an escalator to take you back down to the main floor so that you can leave the game safely. See, if you leave the game outside of the main lobby it counts as a death.

There are several other things about this game from cooking to blueprints to what they call "stamps" but I'll let you learn that on your own.

1365479.jpg

let-it-die-preview-a-wonderland-of-horror-7.bmp

31252239622_acbc46ac70_z.jpg

The whole bit about your corpse becoming an enemy and needing to kill it to gain something back sounds a lot like ZombieU's mechanic, just less involved.

Played it but got stuck having to throw a mushroom and gave up lmao

Haven't played it yet but I've watched a few streams and it looks alright. I hear the combat is a little clunky but still fun.

How are the controls? Are they responsive?

Haven't played it yet but I've watched a few streams and it looks alright. I hear the combat is a little clunky but still fun.

How are the controls? Are they responsive?
IGN gave it a 6/10 citing shitty controls and poor dodging. I've seen the game compared to Souls but they offer no i frames for dodging so wtf.

IGN gave it a 6/10 citing shitty controls and poor dodging. I've seen the game compared to Souls but they offer no i frames for dodging so wtf.
That's not very encouraging. I don't know why it's so hard to reproduce decent combat mechanics.

Played for 10 mins. When I rolled and still got hit I had flashbacks to Ds2 adaptability and immediately uninstalled the game.

Lol ign gave Far Cry primal a 7.9 and let it die is wayyyy better

Played for a couple of hours, it's pretty decent, i'm on floor 4 now

Is there a leveling system or are attributes all gear driven? So if I die and choose not to resurrect are you pretty much starting from scratch?

Why do you consider iframes good combat mechanics?
Mostly because it's way more fun than just keeping your distance or blocking with a shield. Iframes allow you to stand in front of your opponent and dodge their attacks with well placed rolls. It becomes like a dance with good bosses.

Back