Let’s talk about Spider-Man games for a minute

The developer. And the system capabilities finally allowed for a great Spiderman experience. I think the Arkham games showed how a great superhero game could be done and the formula fit even better with Spiderman

So everyone seems to think it’s the game itself, leading to more exposure than the fact that the marvel MCU and this run of spider man movies is better than the previous reboot?

So everyone seems to think it’s the game itself, leading to more exposure than the fact that the marvel MCU and this run of spider man movies is better than the previous reboot?
While it isn't perfect, it's the best spiderman game I've ever played. Picked up the spiderman ps4 bundle for 200 bucks around black Friday.

That may be a deal that becomes available again aroundChristmas, so keep an eye out. The ps4 is a superior system to the one in just about every way, so it might not be a waste to pick one up.

While it isn't perfect, it's the best spiderman game I've ever played. Picked up the spiderman ps4 bundle for 200 bucks around black Friday.

That may be a deal that becomes available again aroundChristmas, so keep an eye out. The ps4 is a superior system to the one in just about every way, so it might not be a waste to pick one up.
I have zero desire for a ps-4, i myself have no desire to play the Spider-Man game.

My kid loves Spider-Man and that’s the only reason he wants the game.

So, finding one that will play on the one is what I’m trying to do.

So, with the sudden popularity of the PS4 Spider-man game, from the outside looking in the popularity and excitement amount some seems like it’s the first one.

Now, I have to admit I thought it was too (at least for recent gen consoles), but it is not, and not by far.

There are a whole Slew of spider man games for 360 for example. But I don’t remeber any hype for it whatsoever.

Where these older games horrible, and or absolute flops and if yes why?

Is it mainly because of the sudden increase in popularity of spider-man again with the new Avengers tie in and the newest Reboot of the character?

I watched a couple gameplay vids of a couple of them and they didn’t look outright horrible. But i didn’t watch too much, the graphics didn’t look absolutely sub par or anything?

I really just noticed this as my son ( who is 5 and loves Spider-Man) keeps asking for the spider-man game for Christmas, but we don’t have a ps-4.

I’m very reluctant to buy him a ps-4 for Christmas for one game. So that’s out. Plus he wants a switch(which I think is a better fit for him anyway, and he’s somewhat outgrowing his leap pad).

So I find out that there are some decent looking 360 Spider-Man games, cool ill get one of those for him for the Xbox.

NOPE, they aren’t backwards compatible, looking into it , the reason seems to be that Activision lost the license to Sony, and they can’t do the emulator for them for the ONE.

There were a few copies of spider man 2 made for the ONE, saw one on eBay used for 229.00 buy it now WTF??

Seems like a total C Block from Sony on purpose so if you want a Spider-Man game, buy a ps4, or rebuy an old used 360 if you don’t still have one, just to play these dang games.

Sorry I kind of went off on a tangent, but back to the real question, were these games hyped like crazy before and i just missed it as I was out of gaming really at the time(but my older kid never mentioned them, BUT he was never into Spider-Man like the younger one is) or was the flop of the second reboot of spider man the reason these flopped.

Where they any good??

https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/the-amazing-spider-man-2/112336

Probably the best you will find.....

While more an anecdote and positively unhelpful, I remember playing a Spider-Man game on my Genesis back when (cover was black and yellow for any Sega dawgs in the house) that had news reels and villain-hacked broadcasts between stages alongside cool music and really funky audio for effects – where everything sounded like a hit on a thinly metalled bin. I loved it, rough edges and all. Final boss looked like Dana White, ha.

220px-The_Amazing_Spider-Man_vs._The_Kingpin_cover.jpg

Is this the one you’re referring to? I have the Sega CD version of this one, but I never did finish it as a kid. I kinda want to fire it up now, but my Sega CDX is starting to die. :(

Is this the one you’re referring to? I have the Sega CD version of this one, but I never did finish it as a kid. I kinda want to fire it up now, but my Sega CDX is starting to die. :(
That's it exactly, mate – good stuff. Thanks. Really takes me back. Those Sega cartridges and casings were sizeable back in the day, like VHS tapes of a kind but with that bulletproof layer of laminate they used for cover inserts.

I won't spoil anything but the final fight is a bit of a pressure cooker so bring your 'A' game. If your CDX is on its last leg, I reckon any title you've yet to best to be a fitting farewell… Well, that or then Pit-Fighter. :p

I found some emulator program a while back that will let you play ANY cd based console game on an pc with a disk drive.

I’ve been trying to get my Sega cd to work again and i might go this route, but I need a working pc WITH a disk drive.

I’ll look again later and find it if you are interested I’ve posted about it on this forum somewhere and started a thread about it.

That's it exactly, mate – good stuff. Thanks. Really takes me back. Those Sega cartridges and casings were sizeable back in the day, like VHS tapes of a kind but with that bulletproof layer of laminate they used for cover inserts.

I won't spoil anything but the final fight is a bit of a pressure cooker so bring your 'A' game. If your CDX is on its last leg, I reckon any title you've yet to best to be a fitting farewell… Well, that or then Pit-Fighter. :p

Check it out

Gaming Hardware (& Sales) thread

That’s what I’ve been finding.

Damn expensive for an old used game

I have had the same problem with an old 360 game that I loved years ago. Apparently if a game starts becoming rare they jack up the price. It sucks.

I have had the same problem with an old 360 game that I loved years ago. Apparently if a game starts becoming rare they jack up the price. It sucks.
The same game for 360 is cheap, the problem is apparently Activision lost the license rights to Sony so none of the 360 Spider-Man and Xbox games can Be backward comp. so you want to play it on the one you have to buy that one, and apparently they didn’t make many for the one version Mainly 360 version.

SO it’s pay it, or buy an old used 360 if you don’t need still have one

And pray that biatch doesn’t rrod on you in a day

ALL of them were bad to terrible. Even the highly praised "Spider Man 2", that pretty much boiled down to swinging around aimlessly, and monotonously fighting thugs.

I think there was one Arkham Asylum knock off, that wasn't awful.

I hear they finally got it right with the new one though. Haven't played it though.

There was one for super nintendo\sega genesis that was not bad it was very good. It was a couch coop which only made it better and was basically a beat em up with Spiderman characters. One person could be spiderman and the other venmon. I think Carnage was the main villian.

There was one for super nintendo\sega genesis that was not bad it was very good. It was a couch coop which only made it better and was basically a beat em up with Spiderman characters. One person could be spiderman and the other venmon. I think Carnage was the main villian.
Maximum Carnage. We all thought it was badass because the cart was red.

Maximum Carnage. We all thought it was badass because the cart was red.

I was pretty positive it had the name Carnage in it which is why I was sure he was the main villian but couldn't remember. Anyways yea me and my cousin loved this game we would play it forever. Not as good as beat em up's like Battle Toads and Streets of Rage (the goat IMO) but still very fun.

Back