International Lessons from Corona: looking to the future

Leftists: Open borders, if you want a wall or strong border control, you are RACIST!!!

Coronavirus has entered the chat

Leftists: Why didn't the government close the borders???

The President could have locked this shit down immediately. He didn't believe in it and no one on his cherry picked administration did either. It's because he fires anyone that does not agree with him on everything. He's a crap leader. Good leaders surround themselves with people smarter than them and listen to them. He is the exact opposite. Listen to Bill Gates. Call him a globalist or whatever ridiculous conspiracy you can come up with, but he's smart. Listen to smart people.

In what way? It’s just our globalists in charge that have purposefully sent America’s manufacturing away.

we know how to get it back. America is certainly still #1. We just need trade tariffs a mile high, zero immigration, all illegals deported, and our illegal wars ended.

We will just put America and the American worker first. End of story.

It's number one in GDP but not caring about its citizens or quality of life.

Hopefully this will shut up some of the nationalists who thinks USA is number one and can do no wrong. We showed to the world that we aren't the powerhouse we once we were.
DistinctSafeBoubou-max-1mb.gif

The President could have locked this shit down immediately. He didn't believe in it and no one on his cherry picked administration did either. It's because he fires anyone that does not agree with him on everything. He's a crap leader. Good leaders surround themselves with people smarter than them and listen to them. He is the exact opposite. Listen to Bill Gates. Call him a globalist or whatever ridiculous conspiracy you can come up with, but he's smart. Listen to smart people.
Is he still committing genocide like you said?

Secure home by producing at home. Export the excess. Reliance on another nation for Medical, Tech or Food is stupidity.

I agree, the only problem that will prevent that from happening is greed..Corporate murica like big profits, cheap oversees labor fits the agenda...

I agree, the only problem that will prevent that from happening is greed..Corporate murica like big profits, cheap oversees labor fits the agenda...
Then pass a bill that prioritizes companies with the majority of their production or assets are in America for any governmental financial aid moving forward. No more "Too big to fail" unless its a predominately American company.

Then pass a bill that prioritizes companies with the majority of their production or assets are in America for any governmental financial aid moving forward. No more "Too big to fail" unless its a predominately American company.

So with fair labor rates in the USA, who absorbs the shortfall, the consumer?
Again I would love it if we produced everything America needs right here at home..Also the entire Aid thing for corps is in most cases needed due to poor management and greed at the top level..

I have operated my own Biz for 30 years, I lived and died by the decisions I’ve made..When you don’t have a safety net, it tends to bring out the best in you..

So with fair labor rates in the USA, who absorbs the shortfall, the consumer?
Again I would love it if we produced everything America needs right here at home..Also the entire Aid thing for corps is in most cases needed due to poor management and greed at the top level..

I have operated my own Biz for 30 years, I lived and died by the decisions I’ve made..When you don’t have a safety net, it tends to bring out the best in you..
Given how much the average American wastes in income on generally useless shit, I'm fine with a higher cost on goods. Maybe more people would prioritize better.
Yes, allowing a few of the companies to fail might just make the rest learn.

That we're masquerading as a 1st world country when we're really closer to being a China or Brazil.

If we truly want to be at the level we believe we are at, then we're going to have to self-reflect as a nation and address our flaws.

Nothing government mandated except maybe in Daegu where the worst of the outbreak was, not sure about that.

I was there during the whole thing. No businesses closed down, no curfews, no one lost their jobs, and bars/ restaurants all stayed open. Hundreds of people walking on every block in cities with no "social distancing".

What they did and are doing is test everyone that might have the disease. Then they find out where anyone that tests positive has been in the past few weeks. Then they test anyone that's been in the same places. Then they do the same thing to anyone that tests positive... They put all this information online on google maps and send out emergency alert text messages so you can look and see if you've been to those places, then get yourself tested. Rinse, repeat. Meanwhile in the US, you can work in the same building or go to the same grocery store as someone that tested positive, you can't get tested. You can have symptoms, and maybe still can't get tested.

So, instead of limiting the spread of the virus with surgical precision like Korea is, we have to use a "carpet bombing" strategy and literally just shut everything down and keep everyone inside of their homes.

Why can South Korea test everyone but we can't? The answer to that question is how you fix this problem in the future. Blaming China isn't how you make yourself prepared in the future. Fixing our emergency procedures and healthcare system is how we make ourselves prepared in the future.
In the simplest terms. If your car brakes down in the cold the day after it was at the mechanics and you didnt have a blanket, are you going to just adress the fact that you didnt have a blanket, and ignore the fact that the mechanic was also to blame for the end result ? You can do 2 things at once you know

I think that there needs to be a determined effort by states and their leaders to cooperate and collectively address the issues that evidently supercede the self-interest of any individual nation or their cloaked private benefactors. Eventually, the vaccine will become available and administered and this pandemic will rest in the pages of history -but what of the next one, or the looming climate catastrophe that we seem to be positioned to 'deal with later', or the alarming reality of antibiotic resistance, or the microplastics pollution that is already totally out of control? The adversarial stances that are prevalent today on the world stage hinder the chances of at least mitigating if not resolving the next global crisis. The 'in it together' messages of unity currently being displayed by the suffering masses need to be realised and carried forward by state leaders if we are to have any kind of prosperous future as a species on this planet.

Invest in some hecking big backup stores of masks.

It wasn't products that spread the virus, it was travellers. A bunch of American tourists being the largest single influx in my home state.
The ability for so many people to travel the globe is a product of economic development and transportation technology more than anything else, as is the global economy.
Same reason we're able to have this communication.
Same reason tribalism turned to nationalism with the expansion of travel and markets through improvements in communication (the printing press) and transportation.
There's no putting it back in the box.
Of course you can still support uncompetitive local industries for strategic reasons, but that's a different conversation (and how many?).
Travel restrictions, established quarantine protocols and emergency medical provisions are the only real viable responses to this sort of pandemic (varying according to the pandemics characteristics), along with global coordination on the development of vaccines and other case specific responses.

Whatever China says, don't believe them.

We made a beggar a king. The results are as we have witnessed.

Move more manufacturing home. HEAVY funding for CDC and vaccine research. Pressure China to crack down on wet markets and hygiene in general. I mean they already control almost every aspect of their citizens lives, why not this as well.
The chinese people can only take so much. If they can't eat bat brains and tiger penises they will riot

Perhaps the answer to China's next SAR type virus is to just nuke them to a cinder.

I'm just brainstorming here.

Back