Lesson Learned : Dont ever compare (claim anyone to be a better version of) to GSP , EVER AGAIN.

hes also 1/2 vs natural lw
All that matters is how you finish and he finished as the unquestionable greatest WW of all time and arguable greatest of all time, no matter how much you disagree with it.

nah...if sonnen took silver down, all fight long...gsp would do the same thing..but alot worse...gsp has much better ground and pound and submissions.

that’s why he had so many stoppages by gnp n sub during his title reign...

All that matters is how you finish and he finished as the unquestionable greatest WW of all time and arguable greatest of all time, no matter how much you disagree with it.

Arguably sure...

however objectively Anderson > gsp

Longer title reign, more title defences, more finishes

Jus
I'm a big fan of Bobby Kncukles but his coach claiming that he is a "better version" of GSP was silly and disrespectful to the GOAT himelsf.
In fact comparing GSP to anyone is not bad it may be good and respectful to the GOAT actually , but saying that your fighter is a better version of him? Thats really disrespectful. Whittaker has great defensive wrestling yet we havent seen much of his offensive wrestling. He has great striking but so does GSP and the fight iq , ability to stick to the gameplan is not even close.
GSP is the best fighter of all time and there is not a close second , My boy Whittaker is a great fighter who compares to some extent with him but he is a poor man GSP at best.

There is only one Georges Saint Pierre.
georges-st-pierre.jpg
Just when I thought Anderson fans were getting worse than GSP fans..

this fight completely changed how gsp fought...which was evident in their rematch...in which gsp dominated serra and stopped him...not by some lucky fluke, which is how serra won...from this fight on, he became a more wrestling oriented fighter...much more so, than before.
I don't wanna hear all that strawman crap, brah. It doesn't matter that it happened a decade ago or that he won the rematch. Matt didn't accidentally beat the shit out of him and the TS' narrative is nonsensical.

P.S. not a fan of Whittaker or a GSP hater/Anderoid fan by any means

Cherrypicked a 40 year old 1 eyed career journeyman who got destroyed in his next fight vs blown up ww after 2 minutes...

n what did gsp do after winning the title? He dropped it to avoid facing legit mw contenders

also gsp wasn’t under usada for 4 years, so it doesn’t mean much coming back for 1 fight vs career journeyman
People like you are the problem with this world.

Spread blatant false information and people will actually believe your false info.

GSP was tested by USADA while he wasn't fighting up until he returned. That is a fact and a simple search on the USADA test results will show he was tested by USADA during the years he was gone but please, don't let facts rain on your hate parade.

I like GSP but he is a grease cheater. There's an asterisk next to his name. Also his career was pre-USADA, so you can't compare him to present day fighters.
Of course you can. If everyone can take drugs, it's an even playing field. The problems arise when you get someone like Jones who is allowed to take PED's but his opponents aren't.

Arguably sure...

however objectively Anderson > gsp

Longer title reign, more title defences, more finishes
You can just as easily argue GSP > Silva. A much more highly revered division at the time and GSP dominated everyone until Hendricks. Shields only had success by cheating and blinding Georges who still won with one eye

I don't wanna hear all that strawman crap, brah. It doesn't matter that it happened a decade ago or that he won the rematch. Matt didn't accidentally beat the shit out of him and the TS' narrative is nonsensical.

P.S. not a fan of Whittaker or a GSP hater/Anderoid fan by any means

just by gsp destroying serra in the rematch proves, the first fight was a fluke.

Cherrypicked a 40 year old 1 eyed career journeyman who got destroyed in his next fight vs blown up ww after 2 minutes...

n what did gsp do after winning the title? He dropped it to avoid facing legit mw contenders

also gsp wasn’t under usada for 4 years, so it doesn’t mean much coming back for 1 fight vs career journeyman

actually, gsp was tested.

actually, gsp was tested.

Are you talking before USADA?

Well let me set you straight.. Who tested GSP?

VADA. Not USADA. GSP is on the VADA website

I learned a lot of lessons from the TV as it raised me, and clearly this means Georges is a paid corrupt insider. You can't trust those results.

#FreeYourMind #TrustIsAWeakness

People like you are the problem with this world.

Spread blatant false information and people will actually believe your false info.

GSP was tested by USADA while he wasn't fighting up until he returned. That is a fact and a simple search on the USADA test results will show he was tested by USADA during the years he was gone but please, don't let facts rain on your hate parade.

so gsp retired at the end of 2013 n he got tested entire time until his return at the end of 2017, really?

so gsp retired at the end of 2013 n he got tested entire time until his return at the end of 2017, really?
Well no he didn't get USADA tested before USADA existed in the UFC

He got USADA tested from 2016 (usada was only implemented July 2015) until he returned

You said something completely false.

true...he didn't...but it was still much more effective than sonnen's...

at least when sonnen has the opportunity he would finish his opponent like he did vs shogun or Stann

gsp literally had Hardy’s arm in perfect position n couldn’t finish him

I agree that GSP is top 2 on the GOAT list (toss up with Fedor IMO), but:

Lesson Learned : Dont ever compare (claim anyone to be a better version of) to GSP , EVER AGAIN.

But ever again? Hell there will be another comparison or more by days end. Sherdog for you. :rolleyes:

I don't understand the comparison at all

Their striking is completely different, and GSP relies on a wrestling heavy strategy in nearly every fight while Robert gets into brawls

Well no he didn't get USADA tested before USADA existed in the UFC

He got USADA tested from 2016 until he returned

You said something completely false.

So during 2 years gsp could do pretty much whatever he wants n wasn’t getting tested

that’s also when this pic was taken

zSAjivm_jooqPMH2ofE3RBMgJiassqMSH7Nm74KhQNk.jpg

I guess just a coincidence

Back