Lesnar vs Overeem Question

Lesnar knew he was on his way out the door. Collected his paycheck and bounced.

Lesnar was healthy for the first time in his career. He just didn't have a lot of confidence at that point. He said he promised his wife if he beat Reem, he would fight Cain for the title again and win or lose, he would retire. He said he didn't want to end up hurt and crippled for the rest of his life.

I think he was just being honest with his abilities. He barely made it out of the Carwin fight and got crushed by Cain. He just didn't have an answer for Overeem although he did cut him open with a jab. He was too green, Reem had constant pressure and still had his horse meat cockiness to him.

On another note, look how incredibly different Reem looked in OP's picture back then.

That picture of 'Reem is insane.

I know it's off topic, but i almost have to applaud his audacity; he essentially became a fighting body builder and didn't give 2 shits that his physique would draw so much attention, controversy, and ultimately drug tests that he evaded and failed with flying colors. He had to of known that it would all catch up and come crashing down but he did it anyway.

Im 195 lbs, lean with 8-10 percent BF, 6'3, and generally am in better shape than 99.99 percent of the population and he makes me look like an average, beer dirnking 30 year old man. I have never had abs like that, even first thing in the morning. He is 265 lbs of DRY muscle.

I hope he knocks Roy out.

Lesnar knew he was on his way out the door. Collected his paycheck and bounced.

Yeah and he was eating a bacon cheese velveta melt when he was walking out the door after trashing Dana White's office.

I always found that fight weird...like Brock was just collecting a paycheck.

I also thought he would come out and bullrush Reem. I could tell he was going to lose after the first few seconds.

Overeem was truly the demolition man back then, with that 14:1 testosterone levels he was unstoppable, 2 kicks to the body and good game, well played

Remember werdum fight, no one in earth wanted to be hit with that testosterone unstoppable power

Right now, Brock Lesnar destroy the non-testosterone Overeem no problem

Sarcasm right? Overeem is still the same striker with good takedown defense that he was first time around against Lesnar. If anything it would look worse now every since Brock's been out of the game.

Long ass layoff from fighting, and add on Overeem hasn't stopped fighting. I'd put everything I own on a first round thrashing...Possibly worse than the last one. The fear of the knees to the body/head, and the fact that Brock never developed that will to push through getting hit makes for the same result over and over. Some guys just have that style to completely fuck up your game. Overeem is that to Lesnar. Lesnar always bullrushed his takedowns, they weren't pretty or very technical, and they came from a mile away. For a guy as experienced as Overeem...It was child's play.

JY1jO.jpg

Brock was Destroyed by smaller Cain now he faced bigger opponent who can strike this wasnt Heath Herring who was almost retired or grandpa Randy or Mir.

Sarcasm right? Overeem is still the same striker with good takedown defense that he was first time around against Lesnar. If anything it would look worse now every since Brock's been out of the game.

Long ass layoff from fighting, and add on Overeem hasn't stopped fighting. I'd put everything I own on a first round thrashing...Possibly worse than the last one. The fear of the knees to the body/head, and the fact that Brock never developed that will to push through getting hit makes for the same result over and over. Some guys just have that style to completely fuck up your game. Overeem is that to Lesnar. Lesnar always bullrushed his takedowns, they weren't pretty or very technical, and they came from a mile away. For a guy as experienced as Overeem...It was child's play.

I think Overeem hits now has much less power, Lesnar could just try the takedown over and over, against the fence too, and Alistair just has not the cardio to endure that.

Once Lesnar get the takedown, Overeem is lost (because cardio and points)

I think Overeem hits now has much less power, Lesnar could just try the takedown over and over, against the fence too, and Alistair just has not the cardio to endure that.

Once Lesnar get the takedown, Overeem is lost (because cardio and points)

He did try the takedown, did you not see how easily he got double underhooks and shrugged it off?lol

That's the moment you saw Lesnar's facial expression going from "I got this" to "Fuck my life".

He did try the takedown, did you not see how easily he got double underhooks and shrugged it off?lol

That's the moment you saw Lesnar's facial expression going from "I got this" to "Fuck my life".

There is a HUGE difference between Anabolistar Testostereem and the fighter the dutch is right now.

Just look at the fights after and before the testosterone issue. Brock was #3 #4 HW ??? And overeem almost is out the TOP 10

Lesnar_Overeem.jpg

My only question is: Why was Lesnar so tentative ?

Because Lesnar is not a fighter. He is a physically gifted guy with the heart of a mouse. His biggest assets were always size and strength, along with some dusty wrestling chops from way back.

That said, almost everything I typed also applies to Overeem. Actually, Overeem is worse because he has a bad chin. I guess Brock bought into the hype and gave up mentally.

There is a HUGE difference between Anabolistar Testostereem and the fighter the dutch is right now.

Just look at the fights after and before the testosterone issue. Brock was #3 #4 HW ??? And overeem almost is out the TOP 10

That isn't roids as much as Reem not keeping his hands up and his chin tucked. Look at the losses...All came after he was putting a thrashing on guys and gassed.

When he fought Brock, he actually took precautions and kept his hands mid range. Not too high or low, he wanted to be ready for punches or the takedown. He fought intelligently. Against Brown and BigFoot....AND Rothwell, he really just seemed to either not take them seriously, or was overconfident to hell. Keeping his hands down, and having no respect for other heavyweights' KO power.

Bigfoot- He was doing what he wanted in the first, after that he began to slow down and gas. Bigfoot took advantage in the later part of the fight, and it still took an immense amount of powershots to put him down.

Brown- Brown was getting the literal bricks beaten off him, downright looking like a child who pissed off the wrong daddy. Then he weathered the storm and spammed a front kick into a not too intelligent Overeem. He literally had his hands down and his chin out infront of him.lol

Rothwell- I still have no clue why he did not take Rothwell seriously, the guy is tough as nails and is a huge/powerful heavyweight. He straight up showed no respect for Rothwell and payed dearly.

You see where I'm going with this? He took 1 guy almost too seriously and destroyed him pretty badly. That guy was Lesnar. He gave Lesnar absolutely no opening to impose his gameplan...Not once. That is the key difference.

Now I'm not saying he would win the rematches against those men, he could very well lose them again, but to say it was all based on roids is pretty idiotic given the evidence in his approach in all those fights point to him just thinking his shit didn't stink.

I think you may be right, as far as his will to win is concerned. But Overeem has always had a glass jaw, and he gasses hard due to those inflated muscles. His most recent successful run was built mostly on beating nobodies and his K1 Grand Prix. In short, I don't think the roids improved his performance as much as his physique. I think that Todd Duffee could have put him out if he connected.

I think you may be right, as far as his will to win is concerned. But Overeem has always had a glass jaw, and he gasses hard due to those inflated muscles. His most recent successful run was built mostly on beating nobodies and his K1 Grand Prix. In short, I don't think the roids improved his performance as much as his physique. I think that Todd Duffee could have put him out if he connected.

I wouldn't say terrible chin, average for a heavyweight though. He did take tons of flush shots from Bigfoot before going night night.

Lesnar was healthy for the first time in his career.
On another note, look how incredibly different Reem looked in OP's picture back then.
Incredibly different?
At the Brock weigh in he was 264. At the Struve weigh in he was 254. This is a Twitter picture from a week ago. He still looks like a beast.

ehzsih.jpg

He didn't get double underhooks. Lesnar didn't even drive for the takedown, he just reached in and grabbed the leg. He didn't even attempt to finish, he just kind of held onto it and Ubereem reached for his neck for a guillotine and Lesnar dropped it.

Lesnar didn't commit to a single takedown, he lazily went for one and was successful but never attempted to finish and gave up once Ubereem went for a guillotine.

He didn't get double underhooks. Lesnar didn't even drive for the takedown, he just reached in and grabbed the leg. He didn't even attempt to finish, he just kind of held onto it and Ubereem reached for his neck for a guillotine and Lesnar dropped it.

Lesnar didn't commit to a single takedown, he lazily went for one and was successful but never attempted to finish and gave up once Ubereem went for a guillotine.

Haven't rewatched the fight, I just remember him trying for something and just got denied hard.

Back