Lesnar vs Overeem Question

Locooo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lesnar_Overeem.jpg

Just re watched the fight, I followed both guys careers and everythong.. so I won't make a big point about it.

My only question is: Why was Lesnar so tentative ?

Was it because of his ill condition ? Or he feared the Overeem ?

Simple as that.

Why didn't he bullrush Overeem as in Cain's fight (although he lost, he presented offense, and punched his way through too) ?

Was Overeem that good back then (horse meet or not) or was Brock that weak ?

I don't know, it puzzles me that particular fight keeping in mind Lesnar with all his shitty boxing movement and fear of getting hit, didn't throw his long ass arms with which he ko couture, and damaged all his opponents before ?

In Overeem's fight he just stood in the outside and threw sloppy -even by his striking standard- punches, out of range, almost with fear.

HE also didn't pace himself and was bouncing all nervous in fighting stance wasting energy instead of just shooting/getting in the face of his opponent like he always did.

Was it the health condition ? Was it fear of the Overeem? Was it Overeem being that good ? Or was it just... a BAD GAMEPLAN ?

Look, it's highly likely OVER-REEM was OVER-ROID for that fight. Lesnar was coming off surgery against OVER-ROID and couldn't withstand the first minute ala Travis Browne.

Nothing crazy about the fight.

Can't wait for Brock to fight again.

Overeem was the best striker he ever faced (and was hyped as such). Therefore, Brock was worried.

I don't think Brock ever really liked to be hit.. Not saying people enjoy it necessarily but it comes with the fight game.

K1 Overeem was a bad match for a man with an intestinal disease and a fear of being hit hard.

Just my opinion

Lesnar was really aggressive in the Velasquez fight and gassed out pretty badly. He was probably trying to pace himself plus by that time people knew he didn't like taking a punch and Overeem is a big striker.

Lesnar NEVER got used to get punched in the face, and Overeem -with or without roids- was a powerful striker, so Brock knew that wasnt going to be a wrestilng or grappling match, he knew the dutchman was all about punches, knees and kicks so he just was too tentative waiting for a mistake to take it to the ground, a mistake that never came

So you're saying Overeem was OVER roided, but LEsnar never got the opportunity ti check, it's not like Overeem OVER powered him, or out last him..it was just plain LEsnar falling straight into Overeem's game (staying in his range, doubting, throwing weak shit, and expecting him to over attack with nasty knees and kicks)

After a halfassed attempt at a takedown didn't work, he tried to stand with a K-1 level striker. Bad Game Plan.

Overeem was the best striker he ever faced (and was hyped as such). Therefore, Brock was worried.

Yep, plus Brock doesn't like to get hit, and overeem is big and can defend the TD so Brock didn't just wanna charge.

I think he was perhaps more afraid of the knees to body than the headshots. that's why he only attempted 1 half assed TD. everyone knows he didn't "like" getting hit in the face, but he seemed to have survived Carwin's shots, who IMO had more power in a single punch than Reem ever had.

I agree with all the responses, but basically Lesnar pre submitted to Overeem, and really exposed himself as a not credible former champ.

He might beat todays Overeem, but would last even less time in the cage across an even injured Velazquez, with his improved striking/movement.

Reem was as Ubered up as ive ever seen him in that fight meanwhile Brock was probably at the worst state of health during that bout so put that together and you would realize why Brock looked like shit while Reem looked Super Saiyan

I think it was a combination of the disease and his confidence being affected.

Brock was confident early on in the Cain fight because he was able to successfully take Cain down. Against Overeem, I think once he failed in his attempt to take Overeem down, Brock became more hesitant to engage.

Overeem was truly the demolition man back then, with that 14:1 testosterone levels he was unstoppable, 2 kicks to the body and good game, well played

Remember werdum fight, no one in earth wanted to be hit with that testosterone unstoppable power

Right now, Brock Lesnar destroy the non-testosterone Overeem no problem

Yea i believe it was that stare overeem had since brock was coming out alistair was just mad doging brock with full confidence. Plus he couldnt take him down.

He just came off major surgery. Pretty easy to figure out.

Lesnar was in poor health, had little confidence and imo didn't wanna be in there. Hence his retirement

I liked his gameplan againt Cain, and I think if he didn't rush the transition following the takedown that fight could've been much different. I think he should've employed the same strategy against Reem. If he comes back again and they're matched up my guess is Brock smokes him.

Back