Lesnar can bench 225 lbs / 102 kg for 43 reps..

Never done one.

I think could probably do about 43 reps of 125.

FYI am a LW who has stacked on a fair amount of weight, not all of fat so maybe I could do more, dunno as I basically never lift and when I do, I don't bench.

You would likely burn out before getting to 43 reps with 125. Give it a try though, I'd be interested in finding out how you did. :)

lol @ sherdoggers saying it is not impressive. The vast vast majority of people who is his size (295lbs) will not be able to do this.

I've done 18 before but I imagine like Brock my heavy lifting days are behind me. There's no way he's still putting up that much weight

You would likely burn out before getting to 43 reps with 125. Give it a try though, I'd be interested in finding out how you did. :)

My thought process was I know I can do 60 push ups at my current weigh and 125 is only a bit over half my weight. I think it's 50/50 on if I could do it but probably something around 43.

My thought process was I know I can do 60 push ups at my current weigh and 125 is only a bit over half my weight. I think it's 50/50 on if I could do it but probably something around 43.

I don't get how or why you think a push-up is the same as bench press. Your legs are carrying a lot of the weight in a push-up.

Ah, I love these threads.
102 kg for 43 reps is shit, and the former UFC HW champ can't fight. Awesome.

Fair enough. I really miss doing bench presses. I fell off a roof and badly separated my shoulder 3 years ago and any pressing movement is really uncomfortable now. I can still do all pulling movements though so I do a lot of pull ups. Those are still fun.

Do it, bro. Do it.

I'm 190 lbs and I can do 20 reps @ 225... I think I'm less impressed with Lesnar being he was 100 lbs heavier than I am...

Typical Sherdog thread full of people who can do more reps than a fucking 6'3 300 pounds very athletic NCAA I champ, UFC HW champ...

"Only 43 reps @ 225 @ BW 300 ? Really brah ?? Do you even lift ???"

:rolleyes:

Typical Sherdog thread full of people who can do more reps than a fucking 6'3 300 pounds very athletic NCAA I champ, UFC HW champ...

Lol this ^^. Anyone could do it right? Especially typical Sherdog poster.

I'm not saying I'd have a prayer at breaking 30 reps... Anyone who lifts regularly knows that there is a wall in place that separates a superior athlete from the average and even above average athlete... I guess what I was saying is that I would have expected more out of him at that age and size... he was a beast.

~Side note, Brock was a clinician at a wrestling camp I attended in Jr. High School and I have wrestled with him lol... I was 112 lbs at the time and he lifted me over his head with one hand and walked around. He is a very nice guy and he is SO MUCH BIGGER than ppl think that have never stood next to him.

Yeah about half is my thinking.

Your thinking is wrong. All you have to do is try it to find out. Your legs are way stronger than your upper body unless you're paralyzed from the waist down.
It's super impressive about your whole push-up thing but Lesnar's numbers are a lot more impressive.

I'm 190 lbs and I can do 20 reps @ 225... I think I'm less impressed with Lesnar being he was 100 lbs heavier than I am...

It's muscular strength and muscular endurance.
He probably has a crazy max, but can still push a 'lighter' weight for so many reps.
Most people that train for muscular strength, don't have that much muscular endurance.

It's muscular strength and muscular endurance.
He probably has a crazy max, but can still push a 'lighter' weight for so many reps.
Most people that train for muscular strength, don't have that much muscular endurance.

This is true... I max at 280, but that's a 2 reps and spent deal haha... I'd venture to guess Lesnar puts up 400+

Back