Lesnar at AKA

ColonelAngus1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Watching Cormier fight tonight really made me pissed off that Lesnar didn't go to AKA when he started his MMA career. Cormier has gotten better and better and better with each fight, while Lesnar stayed about the same. I remember watching Lesnar-Mir I and remembering how cat-quick Lesnar was when he was transitioning from one side to the other on the ground. It was sick to watch. Imagine that size, power, and explosiveness if it had gotten proper instruction 6 days a week for 4 years. Too bad.

Watching Cormier fight tonight really made me pissed off that Lesnar didn't go to AKA when he started his MMA career. Cormier has gotten better and better and better with each fight, while Lesnar stayed about the same. I remember watching Lesnar-Mir I and remembering how cat-quick Lesnar was when he was transitioning from one side to the other on the ground. It was sick to watch. Imagine that size, power, and explosiveness if it had gotten proper instruction 6 days a week for 4 years. Too bad.

Well not everyone is acclimated to become good in the same thing.

Brock probably doesnt have the build to be a good striker. His whole life has probably been reliant on brute strength. You cant just learn anything and be good at it.

It takes a special person to become a mixed martial artist. Someone who is able to adapt and mix his style effectively to another style.

You cant just automatically assume every single great wrestler/kickboxer/bjj/judo guy to excel just because he got a good camp.

AKA could have been a good camp for Lesnar. But he had very serious health problems. If you think you can stay the same after what Lesnar went through, you

I remember watching Lesnar-Mir I and remembering how cat-quick Lesnar was when he was transitioning from one side to the other on the ground. It was sick to watch. Imagine that size, power, and explosiveness if it had gotten proper instruction 6 days a week for 4 years. Too bad.

Brocks diverticulitis is what ruined his career, like you say watching his earlier fights he was a different fighter

Brocks diverticulitis is what ruined his career, like you say watching his earlier fights he was a different fighter

Yup.

Even Lesnar's striking looked better both offensively and defensively pre-diverticulitis.

He couldnt train for an extended period of time on two separate occasions. When you are new to striking and can't train consistently you are going to look bad.

Brock being at AKA would have changed nothing.

Brock's got way too much ego to go and train "under' anybody. This was his problem at this own gym, no one was able to tell Brock what he needed to do.

AKA wouldn't help Brawks inability to take a puch though....

Lesnar was a gifted athlete, he had so much potential, He should have went to big camps early in his career but no, the guy's a "anti social" in a way. too shy to train else where than his barn with weights and bunch of walking punching bags.

This brings to my head Cormier vs Brock, that would be sweet.

Broc was end the career diverculitus or not. His game was figured out and he could take a strike of any sort.

Lesnar could have been one of the greatest of all time if he went straight to MMA from college/wwe and ate healthy to prevent his sickness.

He was a monster before he got the disease. What a shame.

Lesnar is rich and wanted to stay with his family he was never going to go train outside of his state

Brock wouldnt live in California. Especially so close to San Francisco.

There is absolutely NOTHING worse on Sherdog than posters talking about where fighters should train. What would you know about what goes on at AKA or any other training camp for that matter?

Brocks diverticulitis is what ruined his career

This and done.

Brock's health ruined his career. It wouldn't have mattered what camp he attended after he got sick.

It's a fucking shame too. Brock was a god damn monster before he got sick.

AKA wouldn't help Brawks inability to take a puch though....

Totally disagree. Brock's problem with getting hit obviously wasn't a physical one like Andrei Arlovski...the guy took a brutal beating from Carwin and physically, he was never incapacitated. When he was beaten by Velasquez, he had no trouble remaining coherent either. Again, no physical danger. Brock's problem stemmed from fear of being hit and panic. Really the only way to be comfortable with being hit is to get hit on a regular basis. A couple days of hard sparring with the guys over at aka and he would be much more used to being hit and would have more confidence in his ability to absorb a punch, which would have made him a smarter fighter under pressure. Hell, it may have even made his defense kick up a few notches so he would brake so many to begin with.

Back