Leslie Smith Joins MMA Organization that Pays Their Prelim Fighters 500 Bucks

Maybe, but I haven't heard it. She's been doing some legwork to try and get a fighter's association going. She had an ugly fallout with the UFC in which her opponent came in 1.8 lbs overweight. They still wanted her to fight, just take a cut of her opponent's purse. But Smith declined to fight, so the UFC paid her the show money and win money for the fight and considered that the termination of her contract (she was on her last fight). Many, if not most, fans thought the UFC did her dirty.
Many if not most thought the ufc did her dirty?

From my observations most fans though exactly the opposite..

Many if not most thought the ufc did her dirty?

From my observations most fans though exactly the opposite..

OK, that's a valid opinion. I disagree, but there wasn't a poll or anything so it's difficult to quantify either way. I saw it as a fairly even split, so when I said "many if not most" I meant either a large minority or a small majority. I had no particular problem with the firing, although I can certainly see how a fighter's union would benefit the fighters.

giphy.gif

If they paid these fighters what they think they're worth, Bellator would go out of business.

Yeah people are so ignorant to the reality of a fighters existence in these modern times...

In the past they were rewarded and treated like royalty..sometimes even becoming royalty ...now there fighting harder for scraps then ever before..our society has erroded so much

treated like royalty? became royalty? when did that ever happen?

it's just the changing of the times. actors/actresses and musicians were pretty much useless fucks for a huge part of human history. but today you can literally make millions doing those things.

just look at video games. 20-30 years ago it was only for kids and just something to kill the time that most everyone thought was stupid and trivial. now you can literally become a millionaire in a few months playing video games.

and why are people shitting on her with the usual, "WMMA she sucks"?

they must've never seen her fight, she's a fuckin animal in the cage.

treated like royalty? became royalty? when did that ever happen?

it's just the changing of the times. actors/actresses and musicians were pretty much useless fucks for a huge part of human history. but today you can literally make millions doing those things.

just look at video games. 20-30 years ago it was only for kids and just something to kill the time that most everyone thought was stupid and trivial. now you can literally become a millionaire in a few months playing video games.

Many roman emperors started off as warriors and general's first...

Its common theme among most ancient empires that there leaders where skilled warriors , thus royalty

Your absolutely right about musicians same thing but in reverse good comparison

And i guess video games is a good example of where we are headed in the future with our dependance on technology being so high

Many roman emperors started off as warriors and general's first...

Its common theme among most ancient empires that there leaders where skilled warriors , thus royalty

Your absolutely right about musicians same thing but in reverse good comparison

And i guess video games is a good example of where we are headed in the future with our dependance on technology being so high

oh i thought you were talking about MMA fighers becoming royalty or something haha

If you don't bring in any money for the company your worth is zip, zilich, nadda. There are costs associated with having a fighter fight on behalf of the promotion. Ask yourself if putting out money for an individual who likely won't have any effect on ratings is worth the investment.

$500 with a chance to earn more in the future is a start, plus whatever the sponsor money is for someone in that tier. A lot of people have to get a second job or other gigs on the side to make ends meet.

It's all about the value you bring to the organization.

Prelim fighters on Bellator events that aren't broadcast on TV don't really generate much revenue. They get local fighters for 1 off deals.

A UFC fighter on a ESPN or ESPN+ televised prelim is generating revenue. Hence why they should be paid more.

Sad that this is the only reply that gets it.

These Bellator prelim fighters getting $500 are making their professional debut. Or have a record of 0-1. It's the same as or better than they would get paid in any regional promotion.

I swear, the people comparing 0-1 Bellator prelim fighters with UFC prelim fighters (who are world top 50, have a bunch of wins under their belts, are champions of significant regional promotions, etc.) are either complete idiots or dishonest Red Goof fanboys. Possibly both.

I swear, the people comparing 0-1 Bellator prelim fighters with UFC prelim fighters (who are world top 50, have a bunch of wins under their belts, are champions of significant regional promotions, etc.) are either complete idiots or dishonest Red Goof fanboys. Possibly both.

Of course if the fighter is 0-1 and the other fighter is former Champion in several different organizations, like Askren or something. But looks like you have bought that Zuffa shit that UFC is about bonding the champions together, that all the champions from different organizations are brought there. Some cases that is true, but not in all. There are CM Punks in UFC too, don't forget that. And there are legit Champions, contenders, and prelim fighters in other organizations too.

Is 500$ a good salary? I think not, but if you can get some one to fight with that kind of money, why not to just to pay 500? I think all organizations should start thinking about what kind of image they are leaving, if they are having so called championship caliber bouts what is the salaries? There have been world championship bouts many times that salaries are something like 2K. How much you are expected to pay for cans?

Here are payments on one of the biggest in ppv money MMA events trough history:
21083530_1982824455287046_9060953683961688355_o.jpg

Is it legit to only pay 3.5k for the first bout?

I think 500$ salary damages more Bellator, than Leslie, but it's not good for Union either, but atleast they can have sponsors, but in UFC they at least have reebok as sponsor and get some cool reebok stuff for free...

Wouldn't it have made more sense to her to sign with PFL seeing as how there's a $1,000,000 tourney with very limited opposition, albeit in a heavier weight?

Of course if the fighter is 0-1 and the other fighter is former Champion in several different organizations, like Askren or something. But looks like you have bought that Zuffa shit that UFC is about bonding the champions together, that all the champions from different organizations are brought there. Some cases that is true, but not in all. There are CM Punks in UFC too, don't forget that.

Do you just like arguing for the sake of it? No shit there are different levels to the prelim fighters in the UFC. However, they all have something going for them. None of them are 0-1 fighters no one outside their immediate family knows about like the ones in Bellator. CM Punk is trash, but also a famous celebrity from pro wrestling that moved tickets and PPV buys.

When the fighters actually have something going for them, Bellator pays them as well as the UFC does. Consider A.J. Agazarm, who made his pro debut at Bellator 214.

He lost his fight, but still made $12,000, the entry level for UFC fighters. Why? He was a college wrestler and BJJ world champion.

This expectation that Bellator needs to pay completely unknown bums 10 times what they would make anywhere else is only something complete idiots or Red Goof believing NPCs would argue.

PrideUltimate said:
And there are legit Champions, contenders, and prelim fighters in other organizations too.

There aren't any "legit Champions, contenders" making $500 or anywhere close to it on Bellator undercards, goof. Hell, at Bellator 206, there were several decent undercard fighters (Adam Piccolotti, Arlene Blencowe, Amber Leibrock) making as much as or more than some low-level UFC fighters do.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/10/2/...outs-wanderlei-silva-rampage-jackson-san-jose

Back