Leslie Smith Joins MMA Organization that Pays Their Prelim Fighters 500 Bucks

She will negotiate them a $10 fight of the night bonus.

Many, if not most, fans thought the UFC did her dirty.
Especially as Smith was on a two fight win streak, one of which was a Fight Of The Night, and her loss previous to that win streak was when she stepped up to fight Cyborg.

Last edited:
It's pathetic yes but the prelims are basically just local circuit guys, some of them are basically starting. They also have the option of their own sponsorships and get very good exposure fighting in Bellator. Guys who make it to the UFC are already well established veterans or prospects, some of them could have 15+ fights and making no more than 20k before tax, training fee's etc.

Who is this babe?

She needs a real manager…

icebergslimcourtesyofphase4filmsa.jpg

Unions, base salaries, and pension plans in cage fighting lol

I'm sure if you ask her, she'll say Bellator prelim fighters should be earning more than 500/500, so....

So if I spend my life criticizing repressive military dictatorships, and then get hired by the North Korean military as an advisor but promise to bring up the whole problem of people being sent to the gulags for political opinions with my new bosses, I'm somehow not a hypocrite? Leslie Smith is a quisling confirmed.

Awesome. Love me some chick Diaz!

Everyone looks for themselves and the only wish for a union by most is just their own security, there will never be a Union in a ego driven sport like MMA.

There’s just zero incentive for the main event guys to stand in solidarity with the undercard guys. There’s literally nothing for them to gain, unfortunately.

Everyone looks for themselves and the only wish for a union by most is just their own security, there will never be a Union in a ego driven sport like MMA.

Just like there'll never be a union an ego driven sports leagues like the NBA or NFL?

It's all about the value you bring to the organization.

Prelim fighters on Bellator events that aren't broadcast on TV don't really generate much revenue. They get local fighters for 1 off deals.

A UFC fighter on a ESPN or ESPN+ televised prelim is generating revenue. Hence why they should be paid more.

Crazy. Almost like she has to provide for herself while at the same time trying to better her and others situations.

Yeah people are so ignorant to the reality of a fighters existence in these modern times...

In the past they were rewarded and treated like royalty..sometimes even becoming royalty ...now there fighting harder for scraps then ever before..our society has erroded so much

Back