Leo's oscar worthy scene

For those that didn't know:
The bloodied hand was not in the script, he remained in character after the accident with the glass. The smear on the face was unscripted as well.

I don't see it.

I'm surprised Kerry didn't break. Dude wipes blood on me. He better be dying by mine own hand.

Agreed.

Leo was easily the best performance in django, followed by Sam Jackson, and somehow waltz got an Oscar...I think.

Is it because he was a slaver?

Yeah, it was a far more deserving performance than him crawling around and grunting for two hours.

>>> than the performance he won the award for. Half his lines were just ughs and grunts.

So he can win one for crawling around? So he should have two then.

This is his best scene to me.

Didn't think he deserved an Oscar for either Wolf or Django.

in 2013 I thought Phillip Seymour Hoffman should of won it over both Waltz and Leo for his role in the Master.

And I thought in the few minutes that Mathew McConaughey was in Wolf he clearly showed how cracked out and strung out Leo should of been acting like towards the 2nd half of the movie and he clearly never hit those heights. Not to mention, Matthew McConaughey rightfully won it in 2014 for his role in Dallas Buyers Club, over Leo's Wolf on Wall Street.

I'm a big fan of Leo, but I think he's got upstaged in allot of the movie's he's been in. I think people just wanted him to get his Oscar already because everyone loves the guy, but he isn't an "epic" actor imo. I had no problem with him not getting one, just how Pitt, Cruise, Depp (etc) have never got one.

That said, he clearly deserved it for the Relevant. Finally got a role that pushed him through imo

So he can win one for crawling around? So he should have two then.

This is his best scene to me.

Wolf is Leo's best performance imo. For the first time in his career he didn't take himself so damn serious. He was funny and played up a physical slapstick comedy element, he made me laugh the whole movie more than any comedy did that year. He was a loud(ok he usually is), obnoxious, drug fueled, cheating, scamming asshole but still came across just so damn cool. He took this horrible person and humanized him and made you still want to be him. He also used hardly any makeup/prosthetics but I looked at the screen and saw Jordan Belfort the whole movie and not just Leo DiCaprio in a 90's styled suit.
I remember feeling sorry for him when he was finally arrested and the whole theatre groaned when the FBI agent holds up the yellow piece of paper showing that Jordan had tried to back out of being an accomplice to them and therefore putting the final nail in his coffin. The audience didn't want the character to lose despite him overwhelmingly deserving it.

He deserved one that year but that Best Actor category was stacked

That guy last year won for being pushed around in a wheel chair while making funny faces. I'm just glad he didn't get another this year for wearing a dress.

That guy last year won for being pushed around in a wheel chair while making funny faces. I'm just glad he didn't get another this year for wearing a dress.

You make it sound like he that performance wasn't amazing just cause he was in a wheelchair. I would of loved for Keaton to get his last year, but I had no problem with Redmayne getting the nod.

Wolf is Leo's best performance imo. For the first time in his career he didn't take himself so damn serious. He was funny and played up a physical slapstick comedy element, he made me laugh the whole movie more than any comedy did that year. He was a loud(ok he usually is), obnoxious, drug fueled, cheating, scamming asshole but still came across just so damn cool. He took this horrible person and humanized him and made you still want to be him. He also used hardly any makeup/prosthetics but I looked at the screen and saw Jordan Belfort the whole movie and not just Leo DiCaprio in a 90's styled suit.
I remember feeling sorry for him when he was finally arrested and the whole theatre groaned when the FBI agent holds up the yellow piece of paper showing that Jordan had tried to back out of being an accomplice to them and therefore putting the final nail in his coffin. The audience didn't want the character to lose despite him overwhelmingly deserving it.

He deserved one that year but that Best Actor category was stacked

Basketball Diaries was my favorite Leo performance; and no way he was gonna win it 1996 against that stacked list.

Leo was cool in that Russell Crowe movie.

Back