Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese Making DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
DiCaprio, Scorsese Teaming Up For DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Martin-Scorsese-081015-Dragonlord.jpg

The feature adaptation of Devil in the White City is back at Paramount, with Leonardo DiCaprio having enlisted his frequent collaborator Martin Scorsese to help make his passion project into a reality. Paramount, after having acquired and let go of the project twice before, has scooped up the project, with DiCaprio on board to star, Scorsese to direct and Billy Ray to write the script, THR has confirmed.

White City is a nonfiction story that focuses on the lives of two men who turned the 1893 Chicago World's Fair into their playground. One of them, Daniel H. Burnham, the architect responsible for the fair's construction, in a short period of time was forced to overcome immense obstacles to construct the famous "White City" around which the fair was built.

The other, H.H. Holmes, was a serial killer masquerading as a charming doctor who is believed to be responsible for scores of murders around the time of the fair. Holmes devised and erected the World's Fair Hotel, complete with crematorium and gas chamber, near the fairgrounds and used the event as well as his charismatic personality to lure victims to their death. DiCaprio will play the murderous Holmes. The plan is for this to be Scorsese

I see those two all the time.

Thick as thieves they are.

Does Scorcese not realize there are other superior actors to Leo out there? Dude thinks Leo can pull off any role

And they still would have no Oscar.

Definitely excited about this.

Looks interesting. I guess they are saying it's Scorsese's next movie because Silence is finished? Interested in that one too.

Got that book sitting on my computer desk right now
Been sitting there for at least 5 years
Been saying Im gonna finish it but its pretty damn slow, prolly never will

Does Scorcese not realize there are other superior actors to Leo out there? Dude thinks Leo can pull off any role

It clearly says that Leo has been trying to get this movie made and he brought Scorsese on board to direct

It's a really good book but I don't see how they translate it to film- it's two concurrent but separate stories that don't interact with each other. They'll either eliminate the larger one about architects and the worlds fair or they'll try to tie them together somehow and I don't see that working

Good book. Should be decent movie with those 2 cats.

One of my favorite actor/director combos of all time. This sounds amazing.

I wish he would try out other actors. DiCaprio never works for me.

I'm pretty bored of this duo, but this story has always intrigued me.

Didn't Tesla do all the lights for the fair that year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back