News Leon Edwards vs Tyrone Woodley is on as the Headliner of UFC London.

Who do you got?

• Total voters
Edwards wins by UD.
Leon "Balboa" Edwards will seal the deal and bring British domination in the a world.

You spelled "Artem" and "Irish-Russian" wrong.

Awesome!

Leon 50-45. He will get that deserved TS after that.

I don't see how Woodley wins this unless he lands a big overhand right. Edwards is too long, too clean & versatile with his striking, shown 5 round cardio vs Cowboy. He's also still young & getting better by the camp.

Nice, looking forward to this bout! Winner next in line for title shot after masvidal and usman clash, assuming that's the next fight.

not a fan of either but i think edwards probably gets it by outpointing woodley with jabs and straights while woodley has his back against the cage in a pretty boring fight.

Leon is the more active guy. Woodley will have been out for a full year by the time the fight happens

If the right Woodley shows up I think he wins. If his age starts to show and the ring rust is there, Leon wins via UD
stipe did the same thing came back and beat dc in the rematch even though dc was mostly winning that fight till the end body shots

images

United Kingdom of Great Britain

It's a very weird matchup of styles.

Woodley - the short stocky wrestler with amazing wrestling credentials yet never uses his wrestling offensively, KO power, extremely strong, can go 5 rounds by being conservative, doesn't take many risks, tends to back all the way up to the cage before exploding with a right hand

Leon Scott - very well rounded, very strong, good in clinch, good striker, great cardio, doesn't take many risks, good at pressing opponent against the cage

A lot of questions. Can either take either down? Will Woodley actually shoot for takedowns this time? How will the stand up battle go? Will Woodley's back be on the fence? Ok, that last one is pretty easy to predict....

But the winner will need to make some mid-fight adjustments once they feel the opponent's strengths

All of that suggests two things about the fight:
  • Edwards UD the most likely outcome
  • The term "boring" being used (and rightly so) by commenters on here during the fight

I got Woodley but I can see where Edwards poses some problems. He's got a super high fight IQ and is quite agile with his footwork, T-wood's gonna need a good setup to land his right hand.

stipe did the same thing came back and beat dc in the rematch even though dc was mostly winning that fight till the end body shots

Big difference, though--Stipe is younger than DC. The comment you were responding to talked about Woodley showing his age.

lol Woodley trying to call the shot saying he won't fight in London. No one cares about Woodley except for his mom.

Edit no one cares about Leon either except when he ate that three piece and a soda or whatever
True but so much wacism!!!

I don't see how Woodley wins this unless he lands a big overhand right. Edwards is too long, too clean & versatile with his striking, shown 5 round cardio vs Cowboy. He's also still young & getting better by the camp.

Yep. Some are talking about Woodley going back to his LnP days (which we've barely seen since Strikeforce), but I don't know if he has the cardio to fight for hard TDs and struggles in the clinch for 5 rounds. Edwards won't give him a bunch of easy TDs..Woodley will have to work.

Woodley didn't even try against Kamaru

He needs a therapist

If Woodley shows up to fight and takes this seriously then I'm picking him to win. Leon isn't Marty.

Leon is the more active guy. Woodley will have been out for a full year by the time the fight happens

If the right Woodley shows up I think he wins. If his age starts to show and the ring rust is there, Leon wins via UD
Lol unfortunately Woodley tends to freeze up against anyone with better than average takedowns. I wouldn't bet on him.

Back