Rumored Leon Edwards vs Stephen Thompson Being Targeted for UFC Main Event in November

Edwards needs to promote the fuck out of this fight, win and get his shot.Mr gosh golly gee only going to be a gentleman on lead up to fight which I'm usually ok with - its mma but this mma world different now and everyone needs to know who Leon Edwards is.

Then, of course, he needs to whoop some ass.
Btw, like the match up as this a nice win for WB on the flip.

Would like to see this be a #1 contenders match after that other brazilian guy gets his title shot vs. Usman
It could end up retroactively being a #1 contenders fight but they're not going to officially say that until Usman/Burns plays out. Since that fight could end in a draw or just a really close decision where they could decide to do an instant rematch depending on how the fight plays out.

Edwards needs to promote the fuck out of this fight, win and get his shot.Mr gosh golly gee only going to be a gentleman on lead up to fight which I'm usually ok with - its mma but this mma world different now and everyone needs to know who Leon Edwards is.

Then, of course, he needs to whoop some ass.
Btw, like the match up as this a nice win for WB on the flip.
He can't just win, he needs to win in impressive fashion and ideally by a finish to garner any attention, also as it stands I absolutely disagree that anyone needs to know who Leon Edwards is. Right now he's most famous for getting a 3 piece combo and soda from Masvidal outside the octagon.

heh. do they read Sherdog?
We just discussed that he was the only viable opponent for Leon!!!
True. I also tweeted this twice to Mick Maynard on Twitter the last month. Fight makes sense. Winner gets title shot.

50/50 fight. Edward's has yet faced an upper tier level striker, but Thompson looks out of prime and kinda washed up.

True. I also tweeted this twice to Mick Maynard on Twitter the last month. Fight makes sense. Winner gets title shot.
For Leon, I agree.
But I don't know if it makes much sense for WB to get a title shot.
I mean, he is 2-3-1 in his last 6...

For Leon, I agree.
But I don't know if it makes much sense for WB to get a title shot.
I mean, he is 2-3-1 in his last 6...
You are right. But what are the options? Colby got his jaw broken by Usman and was finished by him. Beating a past of the Prime Woodley should not earn him next shot. Woodley is coming off two lopsided losses against Burns and Usman. Beating Colby (coming off a loss against Usman) should not earn him a title shot. Masvidal just lost to Usman. Rematching Nate Diaz, a guy who he was beating in convincing fashion, should not mean title shot for him. Same goes for Nate Diaz. After listing all this- the winner of Edwards vs. Wonderboy should be next title challenger. Wonderboy is also coming off an impressive win against Vicente Luque who is a top ten ranked fighter. Let all the other contenders fight at least one more time to earn their shot (facing loser of Usman vs. Burns). Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
You are right. But what are the options? Colby got his jaw broken by Usman and was finished by him. Beating a past of the Prime Woodley should not earn him next shot. Woodley is coming off two lopsided losses against Burns and Usman. Beating Colby (coming off a loss against Usman) should not earn him a title shot. Masvidal just lost to Usman. Rematching Nate Diaz, a guy who he was beating in convincing fashion, should not mean title shot for him. Same goes for Nate Diaz. After listing all this- the winner of Edwards vs. Wonderboy should be next title challenger. Wonderboy is also coming off an impressive win against Vicente Luque who is a top ten ranked fighter. Let all the other contenders fight at least one more time to earn their shot (facing loser of Usman vs. Burns). Just my thoughts.
Dang!
You are right... I did not check each one...
This division is so messed up!!!
Only Leon has a good enough resume to get a title shot with a win...

Colby, WB, Masvidal... hell... all the way down to Chiesa should need 1 more win... WHo's chiesa fighting next??

Dang!
You are right... I did not check each one...
This division is so messed up!!!
Only Leon has a good enough resume to get a title shot with a win...

Colby, WB, Masvidal... hell... all the way down to Chiesa should need 1 more win... WHo's chiesa fighting next??
Chiesa said in May he is taking a break from fighting because of the Pandemic. Cannot train properly and was worried about the Virus. Not sure how he feels now. Anyways, Leon deserves a title shot if he wins. I would give Wonderboy a title shot too if he beats Edwards. He would be on a two fight win streak against two top ten Welterweights in Edwards and Luque. No other contender would be on a two fight win streak.

Rough style match up for Edwards. I think he’s gonna have to time takedowns.

good scrap. waiting for the fight where wonderboy starts to look old.

I usually don’t want a guy on an 8 fight winning streak to lose before he gets a title shot but Edwards is boring af

Lmfao Masvidal ducking Leon again

Yet he's a "BMF" :rolleyes:
Just like he ducked Usman right? You guys are pathetic. This isn’t high school jocks calling each other pussies but trained combat athletes. Masvidal is not scared and neither is Leon.

Chiesa said in May he is taking a break from fighting because of the Pandemic. Cannot train properly and was worried about the Virus. Not sure how he feels now. Anyways, Leon deserves a title shot if he wins. I would give Wonderboy a title shot too if he beats Edwards. He would be on a two fight win streak against two top ten Welterweights in Edwards and Luque. No other contender would be on a two fight win streak.
Thank you for the info. I didn't know he decided to wait.
Oh well.. if that's the case, I agree with you.

Hell, I like WB a lot, and hoped he'd get the belt at some point. Maybe this will be a blessing.
He is one of the good guys, and a great ambassador to MMA. I am on board!!

He can't just win, he needs to win in impressive fashion and ideally by a finish to garner any attention, also as it stands I absolutely disagree that anyone needs to know who Leon Edwards is. Right now he's most famous for getting a 3 piece combo and soda from Masvidal outside the octagon.
First off, winning impressive goes without saying ( but coming from you - I get it).
That 3 piece stuff only funny to cowards who like " sucker punching ".....and I like maz.

Ah- now the warn part . I disagree with you in general and just the nature of you.

Thompson should win handidly. It's a shame I'd like to see thompson vs usman as im sure Thompson would win, but with colby vs woodly happening it's hard to tell which is the title eliminator.
I don't think Woodley gets another shot after beating Colby. Colby probably would though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back