Leon Edwards VS Justin Gaethje! Here’s why it should be next!

If Nate can wobble Leon, Gaethje will put him in the hospital.

I'm in!
Unlikely. Edwards has stood with harder punchers than Nate and not been hurt. Nate simply landed one a hail mary punch, kind of like Pettis vs. Wonderboy. 9 out of 10 times Edwards would beat him without being stunned. Gaethje is good but too small for full sized WWs.

Lets get Stipe vs. OSP on the card as well
Speaking of OSP, his fight vs. Okami (who had been fighting at WW) was one of the weirdest size mismatches in recent years. It made it worse than Okami was pretty well past his prime by then, too.

Speaking of OSP, his fight vs. Okami (who had been fighting at WW) was one of the weirdest size mismatches in recent years. It made it worse than Okami was pretty well past his prime by then, too.

Okami weighted in at 203 with clothes on in short notice. OSP probably was close to 230lbs in the cage.
I'd say one of the biggest missmatches in modern UFC.

Reactions: mkt
A better fight would be Masvidal vs Gaethje. Speed vs Power, Slickness vs Unrelentless volume. This would easily be fight of the year if it goes past 2 rounds.

Hmmmmm... better thought: Have a whole entire team of flyweights (Brandon Moreno, Deiveson Figueiredo, & Joseph Benavidez) triple threat Francis Ngannou in an all goes deathmatch. All at once vs the HW king himself! Winner keeps thier lives. Book it as the co-main on the next Conor PPV. That'll rival those annoying Paul bros and y'know Dana loves shock value! It's gold, Jerry, GOLD!

WFBoU1J.gif

Great matchmaking TS ! The winner should get the winner of Zabit/Whitaker

A better fight would be Masvidal vs Gaethje. Speed vs Power, Slickness vs Unrelentless volume. This would easily be fight of the year if it goes past 2 rounds.
That would be nice at LW, but I doubt Mas will ever fight at LW again. He seemed to lack power and never fought as well. Gaethje isn't even a big LW so he has no reason to fight at WW.

Okami weighted in at 203 with clothes on in short notice. OSP probably was close to 230lbs in the cage.
I'd say one of the biggest missmatches in modern UFC.
Along with Rumble (who missed weight) vs. Yoshida at WW. Those poor Japanese fighters. It was bad enough for them to fight roided versions of Wand, Arona, etc., in Pride who often outweighed them by 20-40 pounds.

Doesn't Gaethje walk around 165lb? I hear his weight cuts are almost nothing.

Regardless I can see him cracking Chinny Leon "Scissorhands" Scott

Leon needs to recover from almost getting knocked out.

This would actually be a fun fight but if Justin wins it leaves us nowhere. Justin and Usman are teammates and wouldn’t fight each other. Not to mention Justin is a LW for a reason, although I oddly think he would do well with the extra weight at WW
Gaethje has nothing for colby, burns, or Usman even if they did fight and even if justin did bulk up. Wonderboy schools him worst of all probably

Back