Leon Edwards VS Justin Gaethje! Here’s why it should be next!

The Demon Sword

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
upload_2021-6-14_21-54-0.jpeg
upload_2021-6-14_21-54-26.jpeg

Leon Edwards is in no mans land with the other WW booked/Unconscious(sorry Jorge)
He may want a fun fight to pass the time.

Justin Gaethje is also in no mans land
The top LWs booked or unconscious(sorry chandler) so he’ll have to wait for a ranked fights, probably have to wait till next year or years end.

so why not get them both together for a fun WW fight to pass the time while they wait for title shots.
Who you got? I have Edwards by 3rd round submission.

Leon just fought, is in no rush for a new fight. Meanwhile Gaethje should probably be gearing up for something cause that Conor/Doostin trilogy will set a lot of things in motion.

Also, this is kind of a random fight. Justin isn't a WW, he's barely a LW - he shows up on fight night weighing what FWs do, he's even smaller than Max Holloway: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/compilation-of-fighters-cage-weight-redux.3977251/

Meanwhile Leon has already fought at MW and probably has that again in the future cause he's so big.

I love it just because it would be funny to see Leon get permanently matched with LW's

If he has any moments of weakness drop him in the rankings regardless of whether he wins or loses

Reactions: mkt
Leon needs to recover from almost getting knocked out.

This would actually be a fun fight but if Justin wins it leaves us nowhere. Justin and Usman are teammates and wouldn’t fight each other. Not to mention Justin is a LW for a reason, although I oddly think he would do well with the extra weight at WW

Justin is a relatively small LW. Leon is a big WW. This makes zero sense and it would give Gaethje two straight losses if he doesn't win. It would make at least as much sense for Leon to move up to MW and face Whittaker for another "fun fight." I doubt Edwards is to keen on that idea, though.

Speaking of fights that make absolutely no sense at all, I want to see a large neanderthal vs Brandon Moreno.

Lol with Leon's size advantage he would look like Khabib manhandling white belt Gaethje

Reactions: mkt
Back