Leon Edwards to Destroy Kamaru Usman, Confirmed

I think a lot of people are underrating Edwards. He has good defensive wrestling, has a good clinch game and striking. He doesnt have much punching power but I think he will give Usman a tougher fight than anyone other than maybe Colby.

Not really saying much...I guess Burns did hurt him at one point

wow Usman is aging faster

Leon has unlocked the secrets of time dilation to ensure he ages slowly. Age cutting confirmed.

Do you even Math, bro?

So, in the first fight Usman was 3 years older, but now he is 5

WAIT WAIT WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE!

So the first fight, there was only a 3 year age gap! But this next fight there will be a 5 year age gap? Am I missing something here?!

MMAth
28-3=25
35-3=30
Am I doing this right?

OK, OK I fat fingered, goddamn lmao
edited*
Usman is gonna lose tho

Smart man, you would be a good bookmaker.
The majority of Sherdoggers, as evidenced here, just go by each fighter's last fight and expect their next one to play out exactly the same.
Just to add to your point, I remember the backlash when Israel went dec with Anderson and I believe even Whittaker/KG made comments about that only for Whittaker to be finished effortlessly two fights after that, and Kelvin almost receiving his first loss via strikes, but old ass Andy didn't sustain any damage from Israel.

I don't know what this reply is supposed to mean.... lol
I believe you asked "What has Leon Edwards destroyed?" I was saying the only thing he's destroyed is any hope that his fights will be exciting.

It feels like they never even fought to me because it was so long ago. I think the rematch turns out exciting.

This fight has to happen, mainly just to get it out of the way to be honest.

Conor got boxed up by nate and had a successful career
Ths diference being McNuggets is smaller than Nate, while Edwards is bigger than both and probably walks around 25 pounds heavier than McNuggets was doing at the time.

I believe you asked "What has Leon Edwards destroyed?" I was saying the only thing he's destroyed is any hope that his fights will be exciting.
Oh that makes way more sense haha. Maybe I was just tired and needed a nap (Which I've since had)

Reactions: mkt
Yeah. Even his own example of why he can't win has a guy (Nate) getting dominated for 4 1/2 rounds only to land 1 shot that "Could" have won him the fight.
I agree that the Nate "almost KO-ing Edwards" thing has been overdone. But I also don't think Edwards dominating Nate for 4.5 rounds means anything. Younger/better versions of Nate were dominated by Rory, Bendo, RDA, etc. Even Clay Guida (a fighter small enough to make FW) beat a prime Nate. And of course Masvidal destroyed Nate.

Leon Scott was almost finished by semiretired unranked LW Nate Diaz in his last fight.

Leon can starch Usman on the feet.
The only chance Usman has is getting Leon down to the mat.
Their first fight Leon was 25 and Usman was 29.

This fight Usman will be 34 and Leon will be 30.
It will not be the same fight.

Usman has been rocked in both of his last 2 fights with Burns and Colby.
Leon is levels above both on the feet.

I hope Leon shocks the world and gets a brutal finish.
WAR LEON!

EDIT: Maths
Interesting take, I didn't see it like that.

I think his defensive wrestling will hold up better than expected. My only question mark is his chin. But at the same time, I don't know if too much if too much is made of the Nate incident

Usman should win rather unremarkably, like the first time... but, I’d be a fool to think Marty hasn’t fallen prey to pushing the limits of what he can do with his hands.... let’s not forget what Burns put on Marty, I’m slightly worried.
FeminineHauntingBooby-size_restricted.gif

BrilliantWavyJanenschia-size_restricted.gif

It’s only a matter of time before good or even great chins expire and usually in a badly timed and unexpected instant, hopefully not this fight.

Not a huge stretch at all, usman set the precedent for how their styles match up 9/10. It was like mas v usman lite

It is a huge stretch when a lot of people thought the fight was 29-28 Usman. Edwards has also improved a lot in the clinch and his TDD is much better now as well. Mas doesn't have the clinch game to have a chance at beating Usman, Edwards does.

Not really saying much...I guess Burns did hurt him at one point

Yeah, but you have to judge things relatively. Edwards has a much better shot of beating him than anyone else(maybe not Khamzat but he needs more wins to get a TS).

Back