Leon Edwards to Destroy Kamaru Usman, Confirmed

Thank goodness this is happening. Now I can pump the brakes on the "Leon for next" train and all engines go on the "Leon's gonna lose, what's the next eliminator" train

"The number 3 guy who hasn't lost a fight in 58 years doesn't deserve to fight him but the number 11 guy who has only fought bums does."

This thread.
(dunno if true I didn't read it, but it's Sherdog).

I don't mind Edwards getting his TS. Just give it to him, if he loses we'll never here from him again. If he wins good for him. He'll be keeping it warm until Khamzat gets a hold of him.

I wish he would win but I just can't see it happening. It been an odd journey to the title fight for Edwards. Hopefully nothing happens that would prevent the fight from happening.

i dont give leon much of a chance either. No KO power. No wrestling. No chin.
Hasn't beaten anyone credible since he got a 29-28 win against luque in 2017.
lost 5th round to Nate
beat RDA and Cerrone (who hasn't?)
No wrestling and chin?? lol

It builds Usman. Champs need a few of those now and then to make their records shine. That way the promo for the next big name will have that much more footage.

Sometimes it goes wrong. Probably not this time.

No wrestling and chin?? lol
Literally.
Never ever seen so much animosity regarding the no.3 guy getting a TS when his last loss so many years ago was to the actual current champ.

If he's so much of a bum then Usman will run through him and we won't need to worry about it.
People canvassing instead for the no.11 kid to get a TS when he's only fought idiots and bums.
Amazing.

I remember when Bryan Barberena put Leon Scott on queer street

Leon better at wrestling. Usman better at, and into striking. Might bet on Leon as the underdog although it’ll be hard to suggest anything other than a decision win. Leon is better at striking tho and if Usman doesn’t choose to wrestle then who knows. Stranger things have happened.

You forgot the "NEWS"/ "CONFIRMED" bubble

Smart man, you would be a good bookmaker.
The majority of Sherdoggers, as evidenced here, just go by each fighter's last fight and expect their next one to play out exactly the same.
I REALLY rustled some jimmies fat fingering ages lol.

None the less, Leon is going to be Usman's toughest challenge if he can't get him down.

I see Usman keeping it on the feet, because that's what he did with Jorge, and Masvidal more less doesn't have a ground game when comparing the rest if the division.

Usman believes he's a top tier striker, but he's not levels above his competition on the feet

Usman is on the decline and it's only a matter of time before he's dethroned.
I personally think that Luque or Khamzat would be more likely to do it, but there is actually a chance that Leon pulls it off as well.

Back