Leon Edwards to Destroy Kamaru Usman, Confirmed

I like the guy, but other than striking out of the clinch there's nothing he does better than Usman, and he's already lost to him before

I think he's earned the right to fight him again, but i don't see the result changing

I think a lot of people are underrating Edwards. He has good defensive wrestling, has a good clinch game and striking. He doesnt have much punching power but I think he will give Usman a tougher fight than anyone other than maybe Colby.

Usman decisions him on a set of bad knees with ease

Leon can starch Usman on the feet.
The only chance Usman has is getting Leon down to the mat.
Their first fight Leon was 25 and Usman was 29.

This fight Usman will be 34 and Leon will be 30.
It will not be the same fight.

Usman has been rocked in both of his last 2 fights with Burns and Colby.
Leon is levels above both on the feet.

I hope Leon shocks the world and gets a brutal finish.
WAR LEON!

EDIT: Maths

Last edited:
Usman is literally the enhanced version of Leon in every observable measure of MMA. Mobility and footwork may be the sole area Edwards could be perceived as having an advantage. A snappier jab from better angles maybe too. That's not enough to win though imo. Anything can happen of course, but I'd say that's an 80/20 in favour of the champ.

Luque or Chimaev to beat Usman, he handles everybody else easily imo.

Which is exactly how Usman will fight him and win. Just as he did against Masvidal who's more dangerous on the feet than Leon.

Sure it will be boring but Usman has good fight IQ and won't make the mistake of falling in love with his hands like other wrestlers.

Who does Leon destroy? Is this some Leon Edwards I've never seen?

I don’t give Edwards a great chance of winning. But, there’s no doubt he’s earned the TS. I can’t believe some people actually try to argue otherwise.
You know how it works. Sherbros will justified any idea if they like/dislike a fighter.

Leon can starch Usman on the feet.
Their first fight Leon was 25 and Usman was 28.

This fight Usman will be 35 and Leon will be 30.
It will not be the same fight.

Usman has been rocked in both of his last 2 fights with Burns and Colby.
Leon is levels above both on the feet.

I hope Leon shocks the world and gets a brutal finish.
WAR LEON!
Smart man, you would be a good bookmaker.
The majority of Sherdoggers, as evidenced here, just go by each fighter's last fight and expect their next one to play out exactly the same.

I give Leon a very good chance. He was 25 the last time they fought. His defensive wrestling has improved since then and his striking is levels above Usman's. People are reading too much into him getting caught by Diaz. Usman is also showing signs of wear and tear. His fight with Colby (a smaller pillowfisted version of himself) was way closer than it should have been.

I think Leon could out point him and use distance to win, but I don’t think he can survive the mix up of wrestling and KO power Usman seems to have now.

Back