Leon Edwards to Dana: Im going to smash your boy

Khamzat fought nobody his 1st opponent was released his 2nd opponent lost 2 weeks ago and his 3rd opponent is 6-6 in the UFC
It's not who he beat but how he beat them. His last win is a 17 second KO over a MW. His next fight is at WW. He's a guy with absolute top-tier grappling who also has KO power and clean striking.

If you don't see the potential in a guy like that, I have to think you're not looking for it.

Does that mean he's ready for title contention? Well, we'll find out soon enough.

It was kind of the perfect solution for him and Edwards. Put up or shut up time.
Exactly.

And let's be honest here. Leon Edwards is a great fighter. He deserves his ranking. He's earned it. But he's not exactly very fan-friendly with his style. He's not known for finishes but rather for a lack of finishes. His fights aren't terribly exciting, even though he's a great fighter.

Khamzat on the other hand is very exciting. He's never had a boring fight. He always comes through his fights perfectly fine and asks for quick turnaround times. That's what fans like to see. And he doesn't mind fighting bigger guys at MW.

Now the question becomes, after Burns, who gets the next title shot. And it's probably the winner of this fight.

Reactions: HHJ
I know Leon should win. I know it, we all see it on the same piece of paper. It's right there.

But I'll be damned if Chimaev doesn't exude this aura that is comparable to Khabib's dominating style and determination. Huge test for him, and equally huge oppprtunity. His stock may still go up with a loss depending on how he does, whoever got him this fight deserves a raise.

Reactions: HHJ
Khamzat is a bully so I hope that Leon smashes him.. Leon is a chilled down to earth dude

If by "smash your boy" he means jab from the outside, clinch excessively, land the occasional nice clinch separation elbow and win a narrow decision victory then yes, he may well "smash" Dana's boy.
You'd fucking cry in agony if one of those clinch hellbows touched your skull.

I want people to know now that if Khamzat loses to Edwards, I won't be laughing at him. It's totally understandable. But I will be laughing at Sherdoggers who hyped him
I hope you have their usernames dialed in brother. I wanna laugh with you.

If Leon even tries to clinch with Khamzat, he's in big trouble. Khamzat would have him on the mat eating punches in 2 seconds.

Leon better stay on the outside and maintain distance or he's going to get smeshed
Lmfao Leon is a top 3 clinch fighter in MMA

Casuals gonna casual

LMFAO you've never seen Khamzat fight and have no idea what Sambo is

Casuals gonna casual
The same Sambo that got Fedor wrecked in the clinch by Bigfoot?

<Lmaoo>

And who has Khamzat beat again?

It was kind of the perfect solution for him and Edwards. Put up or shut up time.
On second thought this might be a way to get Leon some fans. Khamzat's gonna bring a lot of fan boys and eyes and if Leon puts up a good performance he might be able to win some fans. And if Khamzat wins then Dana gets his wish and a star is born.

That would bring the lulz big fucking time but Imo Chimaev will win. It won’t be easy, though.

I hope he does, I think he won't.

Not a big Edward's fan but I think there's a good chance he puts the hurt on him.

Back