Leon Edwards to Dana: Im going to smash your boy

If by "smash your boy" he means jab from the outside, clinch excessively, land the occasional nice clinch separation elbow and win a narrow decision victory then yes, he may well "smash" Dana's boy.
If Leon even tries to clinch with Khamzat, he's in big trouble. Khamzat would have him on the mat eating punches in 2 seconds.

Leon better stay on the outside and maintain distance or he's going to get smeshed

How he will Smash Khamzat Leon is not known for his Insane KO power IDK what is he talking about even if he beats Khamzat it will be a boring decision like always

I actually want Edwards to win just not a Chimaev fan I'm not on the hype train
Khamzat fought nobody his 1st opponent was released his 2nd opponent lost 2 weeks ago and his 3rd opponent is 6-6 in the UFC

Still can’t believe KC is getting essentially a title eliminator after fighting a few unranked guys. Well learn a a lot about him soon.

Still don't get why the UFC made this fight. These are two guys that can both be built up. Chimaev should be fighting a low end top 10 guy(that he should be expected to beat if he's legit) while Leon should be in a title eliminator. A loss for Chimaev here unfairly takes away his new shiny toy status and a loss for Edwards completely tanks his stock. It just doesn't make sense from a promotional POV.

The only reason this fight would make sense is if the UFC know that Chimaev is a once in a generation world beater and are using him to tank the stock of a talented but boring fighter in Edwards that they want to keep from coming within reach of a belt. That's what kinda intrigues me about this whole thing.

Last edited:
Regardless of the winner I want to see a full 5* round fight. I want to see all aspects of MMA on display I hope they bring out the best from one another.
Well it is a 5 round but maybe the fight will not go to the distance

I wonder if Khamzat has been in a 5 round fight? Edwards is going to test him.

Caucus mountain wolf wrestling vs. British wrestling

Good luck, Leon.

If by "smash your boy" he means jab from the outside, clinch excessively, land the occasional nice clinch separation elbow and win a narrow decision victory then yes, he may well "smash" Dana's boy.

He would be a moron to clinch with Khamzat lol

Khamzat fought nobody his 1st opponent was released his 2nd opponent lost 2 weeks ago and his 3rd opponent is 6-6 in the UFC

But he beat several undefeated guys outside UFC, including combat sambo world champion, and Khabib sparring partner. Finished all of them.

But he beat several undefeated guys outside UFC, including combat sambo world champion, and Khabib sparring partner. Finished all of them.
That sambo world champion is as tough as nails and Khamzat could not take him down Instead Khamzat KO him with an uppercut and he did not move at all that is really crazy

He's just a big mouth that's about it. He's like Khabib with Conor's bravado. I just don't find him inspiring or even particularly "cool".

He's just a big mouth that's about it. He's like Khabib with Conor's bravado. I just don't find him inspiring or even particularly "cool".
He should Keep Quiet and focus on training otherwise he will lose to Leon and the Hypetrain is OVER

This fight will tell us a lot about khamzat. Leon is not an easy-going matchup for anyone and he doesn't get easily dominated by wrestlers
If somehow Khamzat pass the test then he is LEGIT

I think Dana was more or less pushed into this fight. I think he'd like to milk the Chimaev train a little longer and continue to build it up more. I'm sure Dana is worried Leon will go LnP on him for 5 rounds. I'm also sure Dana won't mind seeing Leon take few steps back with a lost.

Dana really made him fight LOL

After they took him off the rankings and now he is fighting
Which endoses that the 'ranking system' is really Dana's what-have-you-done-for-me-lately list.
UFC Rankings are a farce

Still don't get why the UFC made this fight. These are two guys that can both be built up. Chimaev should be fighting a low end top 10 guy(that he should be expected to beat if he's legit) while Leon should be in a title eliminator. A loss for Chimaev here unfairly takes away his new shiny toy status and a loss for Edwards completely tanks his stock. It just doesn't make sense from a promotional POV.

The only reason this fight would make sense is if the UFC know that Chimaev is a once in a generation world beater and are using him to tank the stock of a talented but boring fighter in Edwards that they want to keep from coming within reach of a belt. That's what kinda intrigues me about this whole thing.
It was kind of the perfect solution for him and Edwards. Put up or shut up time.

Back