Leon Edwards' most impressive wins?

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 359865

Going the distance with RDA....?

Outside of that win what're his most impressive W's because going the distance with Cerrone and winning a split against Gunnar Nelson are not necessarily jumping off the page to me considering what everyone is saying he's supposedly going to do to Nate Diaz.

yes, he doesn't have a lot of top 10 wins. it is known.

many say the same thing about Oliveira.

so when a guy has lots of lower tier wins, it is necessary to judge him on the fights themselves, not the win/loss wiki table.

RDA but this was great...
Kj9rXg.gif

Welterweight is kind of a mess right now, the best ones don't want to fight each other.
I hope neither Leon or Colby gets a title shot without facing Wonderboy, Luque or Neal.

Welterweight is kind of a mess right now, the best ones don't want to fight each other.
I hope neither Leon or Colby gets a title shot without facing Wonderboy, Luque or Neal.

Agreed.

Dana really screwed the pooch when he gave Woodley a title shot off injury and a 2 fight win streak. From the fighter perspective, the precedent is set.

It didn't even seem like Woodley had a big following. Maybe he did and I just wasn't one off them, but it didn't feel like it to me.

Like usual, blame Dana.

Even if you think Leon hasn't been that impressive, i don't think it takes an absolute top welterweight to put it on Nate.
Yeah but you also never know with Nate and he’s pretty much has always fought top 10 opponents since he’s been in the UFC. So this is less about Edwards beating him as much as it’s about Edwards abilities being exaggerated on here.

Looking at his resume, the fact that he has been ranked like #3 in the world for some time is crazy

that said, I think the skills he has displayed in the octagon warrants a ranking of that sort
I agree. I even agree that Edwards is top notch but I do think Nate is a trickier match up for him than what it looks like on paper just based on Edwards resume vs Nate’s. This could be a lot more competitive than people are giving credit to.

Yeah he doesn't have that signature win of a true title contender. That said the eye test tells me he's elite. I think he'll batter Nate with kicks and bully him in the clinch. The fight will never hit the ground unless Nate gets rocked.

Total bullshit fight btw. Leon should be fighting Wonderboy.

Last edited:
I agree he lacks that signature win of a true title contender.
I have no idea what this refers to. Plenty of fighters have gotten title shots after pretty marginal performances.

Outside of that win what're his most impressive W's because going the distance with Cerrone and winning a split against Gunnar Nelson are not necessarily jumping off the page to me considering what everyone is saying he's supposedly going to do to Nate Diaz.

It wont be Nate Diaz..!!!! Ill tell.ya that

giphy (1).gif

The Luque win has aged well. Anyone know why Tumenov was cut after their fight? Did he fight out his contract or was it a so/so cut by the UFC?

Going the distance with RDA is what earned Usman and Colby title shots, fyi. Just some perspective.

Back