Leon Edwards Karate/judo trip style takedown?

Stockton doesnt play touch butt

you got rocked homie by the real shit

You can see this a lot in muay thai, these are basic sweeps though nothing special...

ABsolutely. The stance switch to cover distance with the sweep at the end is bread and butter high level stadium femur shit.

dfder4sghdf.gif
Hnnnnnnnng

Cortez looking fire.

Anyone have a gif of it? Edwards did it twice, like he ran through Nate sideways and dumped him to the ground. It reminded me of SexxyYama's and I swear I've seen Machida use it as well but I can't find one of that

I can find this of Machida, but I swear I've seen a quicker and smoother version. Leon was doing something like this

f99bae7b96831b45868860240da4e383.gif

Edit: Found a youtube on one

it's Muay Thai

Muay thai

muay Thai

Man, that's been my move since 3rd grade. Zero judo experience.
<Neil01>

Cerrone did the same thing to Nate 3 or 4 times when they fought if I remember right.

I see it a lot in high level Muay Thai and I think that’s where he got the inspiration.

It’s more of a foot sweep. The Karate and Judo/ Japanese variation involves more of the upper body.

The Muay Thai variation more so catches the opponent off guard due to foot positioning which is set up prior to the trip.

Last edited:
Anyone have a gif of it? Edwards did it twice, like he ran through Nate sideways and dumped him to the ground. It reminded me of SexxyYama's and I swear I've seen Machida use it as well but I can't find one of that

I can find this of Machida, but I swear I've seen a quicker and smoother version. Leon was doing something like this

f99bae7b96831b45868860240da4e383.gif

Edit: Found a youtube on one

I believe its a kickboxing or muay thai sweep...not judo..

Not enough control.to be Judo

Poor Edwards man, he put up such a masterful performance. All he had to do was just not get tagged in the final round and people would talk about him fighting for the belt next, instead now people are ridiculing him for getting rocked by Nate Diaz.
And bitch slapped just before that.

Back