Leon Edwards Karate/judo trip style takedown?

You occasionally see nak muay doing similar "dumps" and sweeps like that as well.

Yeah. Stadium MT's rules on throws and sweeps is super ambiguous. Theoretically you can't do much but in reality these dudes occasionally pull some enormous amplitude stuff that clearly should be illegal with no fucks given.

LOL

If it were a "real fight," Edwards could've KO'd Nate or killed him by slamming his head into a hard surface when he had control on the ground in the earlier rounds.
also if it was a real fight...Leon would've chicken danced all night...unfortunately we won't have the luxury to watch those fights...

Anyone got the Edwards trip gifs yet? Curious didn't watch the fight.

JDS used the Osoto Gari on Stipe
P1D2Vy.gif

Machida with the Okuri Ashi Barai
lyotopennsweep01.gif

and the sasae tsurikomi ashi/Hiza Guruma on Hendo
sasae-tsurikomi-ashi-mma.gif

Come on man. Let's be honest. If it were a real fight Nate would have finished him. The 5th round bell saved Leon and everyone knows it.

If it were a real fight Leon would of soccer kicked him or stomped him after the judo throws.. or headbutted/ bit him in the clinch... such a fucking dumb statement.

Nates head would of cracked off the floor too "in the street"

I know haha, it's such a Leon thing to have happen

To be fair he kinda deserves the criticism though, he got rocked and almost finished by Diaz who isn't even a top 5 LW. I was thinking he might be 2, and give Usman a competitive fight, kinda hard to see it that way now
Burns got finished by a LW and gave Usman a competitive fight. Wonderboy got knocked out by Pettis and people think hell be competitive with Usman. Edwards got caught and wont make that mistake against Usman.

Anyone have a gif of it? Edwards did it twice, like he ran through Nate sideways and dumped him to the ground. It reminded me of SexxyYama's and I swear I've seen Machida use it as well but I can't find one of that

I can find this of Machida, but I swear I've seen a quicker and smoother version. Leon was doing something like this

f99bae7b96831b45868860240da4e383.gif

Really nice move, I have no idea why more fighters dont use karate/judo sweeps. They are fucken moneyy.

Interestingly Colby has been saying he’s working on learning them

Found one of them!

He threw it like a hard rear leg kick, and then pushed on his upper body. Not like a slide in to trip.

Anyone got the Edwards trip gifs yet? Curious didn't watch the fight.

JDS used the Osoto Gari on Stipe
P1D2Vy.gif

Machida with the Okuri Ashi Barai
lyotopennsweep01.gif

and the sasae tsurikomi ashi/Hiza Guruma on Hendo
sasae-tsurikomi-ashi-mma.gif

Machida was indeed very crafty in sweeps.

Found one of them!

He threw it like a hard rear leg kick, and then pushed on his upper body. Not like a slide in to trip.

I am not sure. I think he swept the leg with his thigh. Or?

Anyone have a gif of it? Edwards did it twice, like he ran through Nate sideways and dumped him to the ground. It reminded me of SexxyYama's and I swear I've seen Machida use it as well but I can't find one of that

I can find this of Machida, but I swear I've seen a quicker and smoother version. Leon was doing something like this

Edit: Found a youtube on one

The first one by Sexyama is a variation on Osoto Gari, The one in this is a variation of Tani Otoshi and the one Leon did looks like a bad but effective Harai Tsurikomi Ashi to me.

Edit: Found a youtube on one

First one: Osoto gari as established.
Second one: sukui nage variation, imo.
Third one: not sure this has a name lol. Looks like a leg kick sukui nage hybrid, lol.

P.s. sorry I am a retard at quoting.

First one: Osoto gari as established.
Second one: sukui nage variation, imo.
Third one: not sure this has a name lol. Looks like a leg kick sukui nage hybrid, lol.

P.s. sorry I am a retard at quoting.

I made a confusing post

In the first post

First one: Osoto gari
Second One: I didn't comment on as it didn't look like Judo that I have ever seen..lol.. sukui nage needs to have so lift and turn for me...
Third One: Is really just kicking out the legs bit closest for me would still be what I said.

The one that I was referring to as Tani Otosho was the 2nd post with Conor.

I made a confusing post

In the first post

First one: Osoto gari
Second One: I didn't comment on as it didn't look like Judo that I have ever seen..lol.. sukui nage needs to have so lift and turn for me...
Third One: Is really just kicking out the legs bit closest for me would still be what I said.

The one that I was referring to as Tani Otosho was the 2nd post with Conor.

Indeed the second one is a rare technique and maybe I am wrong but sukui nage is the closest thing to me...

BTW I think I have never seen it in judo but have seen it a few times in stadium muay thai.

my hero!!

that’s why it looked so different than the slide ins I’ve seen before (obviously I’m not a judo practitioner). Leon covers a ton of ground using his rear leg

Jab fejnt sets it up to get his hand/arm across the chest

my hero!!

that’s why it looked so different than the slide ins I’ve seen before (obviously I’m not a judo practitioner). Leon covers a ton of ground using his rear leg

Jab fejnt sets it up to get his hand/arm across the chest
You can see this a lot in muay thai, these are basic sweeps though nothing special...

Back