Leon Edwards is the most skilled welterweight out here

TFK20

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
His raw ability in each of the various disciplines are good, but what makes him special is how smoothly and cohesively his ancillary skills work to complement his true strengths.

He is as well-rounded as they come; elite striker, fantastic MMA wrestler and top control, nasty in the clinch (some of the best elbows in the sport). Also a flawless gameplanner and makes adjustments quickly on the fly.

Usman may edge him again because he could be a bad stylistic matchup and a superior physical specimen, but Leon would beat Burns and Colby easier than Usman did.

And yes, he spanks Khamzat next month.

I agree, yet Khamzat is going to beat him inside 2 rounds.

Dont @ me.

1236355-khamzat-chimaev-sets-ufc-record-with-second-win-in-11-days.jpg

How can you be the best at your job if you don't show up for work.

Oh this guys awesome at his job but yo we havent seen him for a year and
a half. LOL

His raw ability in each of the various disciplines are good, but what makes him special is how smoothly and cohesively his ancillary skills work to complement his true strengths.

He is as well-rounded as they come; elite striker, fantastic MMA wrestler and top control, nasty in the clinch (some of the best elbows in the sport). Also a flawless gameplanner and makes adjustments quickly on the fly.

Usman may edge him again because he could be a bad stylistic matchup and a superior physical specimen, but Leon would beat Burns and Colby easier than Usman did.

And yes, he spanks Khamzat next month.
Did you watch his fight with Gunnar? He didn't look so great, especially in the 3rd round.

Did you watch his fight with Gunnar? He didn't look so great, especially in the 3rd round.
Shit happens

Gunnar is one of the best grapplers in the division and Leon didnt takr any dmg from bottom mount

He easily won the other two rds and outgrappled Gunnar, outstruck him, and dropped him

I would agree, guy is truly a mixed martial artist. I don't see anything especially bad in his game, even would go as far as to say that everything is easily above average or great. And everything is fluid all the time.

Leon couldnt finish Cerrone (washed up lightweight) and split decision against Gunar (who has turned out to be a big disappointment in UFC). Imagine what an active Chimaev would do to any of those guys. Look at Chimaev's previous fights against some really good fighters.

Edit: against cerrone chimaev would be -2000 and against gunar -1000

He's really good, elite even. But he's not the most skilled welterweight out (t)here.

Back