Leon Edwards is the most boring fighter at WW (and that division has Usman as that champion)

TS found another guy to hate on but he will never let go Conors balls.

god boy , keep on hugging those balls

What part of Britain is that accent from?
Honestly I don’t even know

I can’t even.. I think they are from Birmingham but I work with plenty of people from there and it’s not that
What doesn’t help they add an awful slang to it

I can’t even.. I think they are from Birmingham but I work with plenty of people from there and it’s not that
Thanks for the reply

I still dont get how someone so skilled and a striker can still be boring to watch.

It's unfortunate because he IS good.

Decisions can be exciting, his aren't.
MMA enthusiast in me respects Leon for winning and finding the path to winning using the one of least resistance.

The fight fan in me is like "did you really make an RDA fight boring?".
This.

He gets the job done and has the better victories than Colby, Usman, Masvidal debatably in his route to a title shot.

It's not entertaining but it's effective.

Thanks for the reply

I can hear a bit of Birmingham in his accent but I think he's got a lisp he's trying to correct or something cause people from Birmingham don't sound like that.

No he's not he's 186 which is 6 foot 1.
Nowhere near a lhw or hw.

The UFC has him listed as 6'2, after all.. And ulness you have some inside information, (I don't) - I think that he is around 200 + pounds, when he is walking around ,hence : A natural LHW - HW.

Condit was 6'2(is), as well.. So maybe I was a bit harsh.. But it is getting a bit riddiculous..

All the 'Vicks' and Gleisaun Tibau's of this world, are rubbing me the wrong way.

And what you get from all this, is 'naturaly smalled framed fighters'

- being forced to fight at LW, cause WW is filled with HWs.

( I ain't got a personal beef. I am not a professional fighter, neither small)

His style is effective not fan friendly though

You mean "casual fan" friendly.

Pretty much everybody who likes technical fighting thought Edwards/RDA was great from beginning to end.

I find it bizarre that hardcore MMA fans look down on casual fans, but will then spend of their time assessing a fighter's worthiness based solely on how casuals will react to said fighter's in cage performances.

Last edited:
I disagree and I was rather impressed with his fight IQ and able to adapt to wherever fight went against a guy like RDA. Hes only 27 and hes only getting better. Is he a lay- n - prayer ? Those are labels that I can attach to mmartists.

Not even close. Usman and Colby are by far the most boring. Edwards is entertaining, he has a well rounded attack and very good elbows.

Edwards is clearly a very good fighter. You cannot have na 8-fight win streak in the UFC and *not* be a v good fighter.

But I do tend to agree he does not inspire a "aaahh!!! Edwards is fighting, cannot miss seeing this!" reaction. Usman is the same (14-fight win streak!) he is undoubtedly very very good at what he does but it does not make for exciting fights at all.

So.... in summary...... both Edwards and Usman :

They're Winning, Not Thrilling. (c) lol

Pretty much everybody who likes technical fighting thought Edwards/RDA was great from beginning to end.

I find it bizarre that hardcore MMA fans look down on casual fans, but will then spend of their time assessing a fighter's worthiness based solely on how casuals will react to said fighter's in cage performances.

Pretty much "everyone" hmm? You really think I qualify a fighter's worthiness to how he endears himself to the casual fans' interest?

You cant be that stupid. When I refer to the term fan friendly, I mean how pleasing or entertaining it is for myself or others to watch a particular fighter ply his craft.

Edwards is clearly a very good fighter. You cannot have na 8-fight win streak in the UFC and *not* be a v good fighter.

But I do tend to agree he does not inspire a "aaahh!!! Edwards is fighting, cannot miss seeing this!" reaction. Usman is the same (14-fight win streak!) he is undoubtedly very very good at what he does but it does not make for exciting fights at all.

So.... in summary...... both Edwards and Usman :

They're Winning, Not Thrilling. (c) lol

Yup. Effective but doesnt exactly generate much interest

I like him. Granted he is not exciting but he is all business and wins fights. His style isn't going to get him to the front of the line for a title shot. I do want want see him in there with some of the so called exciting bad asses to see how his style works out against them. I think he could still have success and may eventually get to a point where they have to give him a shot at the belt.

lol @ people like this

@jojoRed did nothing wrong.

Edwards fights absolutely suck.
JoJoRed Bless

<{1-12}>

Some great posters here.

Gods recognise gods.
So a fan has to love every fighter no matter how dull his style is?
Don't like a gimp suit? maybe sex isn't for you?
Did you guys just use logic to disarm this. I dont think that poster has the mental capacity to grasp that.

Also @Hardkore long time no see buddy, havent been in the heavies for a while, how ya been?

Some great posters here.

Gods recognise gods.

Did you guys just use logic to disarm this. I dont think that poster has the mental capacity to grasp that.

Also @Hardkore long time no see buddy, havent been in the heavies for a while, how ya been?

I'm good, man. Thanks for asking. I agree with you for the most part, while Leonard's style is effective it's kinda boring. Basically an inferior British version of GSP.

Casual, adjactve - /'khaZhooel'/ - Popular slander given onto others for not liking the same (usually boring) fighters you do.

See also: GSP hater.

Technical fighting was Barboza vs. Hooker, that was just one guy abusing the value UFC judges give to harmless TDs. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not salty or anything, just this "casual" talk gotta go.)

I missed the event on Saturday so watched on fightpass. Watched every fight and then after 2.5 rounds of RDA/Edwards I started skipping minute by minute. Edwards is not the most exciting fighter, yes.

To anyone who thought Leon was boring in his last fight, stop watching MMA. "Fans" like you are cancer to the sport.

Back