Leon Edwards is the most boring fighter at WW (and that division has Usman as that champion)

jojoRed

Aint no stress on me, Lord.
@Silver
Reaction score
WW has always been molested by boring wrestler types for a large portion of the UFCs existence.

I love to watch fantastic grapplers go at it, and some of my favourite fighters now are grappling based fighters. Point fighting is what I hate to watch even though its logically sound but there is nothing more boring in MMA than wet blankets.

I respect Usman and his dominance with wrestling but holy crap was his run to the title filled with boring wet blanket performances. He even fought Edwards and wet blanketed him aswell, and that seemed to inspire Edwards to take the title of "the most boring fighter at WW".

I choose to never hate on fighters, even those I dont like, and I wont start that here. But Ill admit, Ill look forward to seeing someone beat Edwards ass thoroughly and finish him with a KO.

Edwards is literally turning some of the most fun fighters to watch at WW into boring ones including Luque, Cerrone and RDA.

He is a striker who seems to have turned into a wrestler somehow and using his size advantage to snooze his way to decisions.

Anyone else agree? Discuss.

Good fighter but yeah just not a fan friendly style of fighting even if he is a striker

Maybe bum fights are more suited to your taste

I just don't find Leon Edward fights entertaining therefore I can't get into looking forward to his next one. Kinda sux the top of the ww division I don't like but father time is undefeated so I just have to wait them out.

Good fighter but yeah just not a fan friendly style of fighting even if he is a striker

Im prepared to to get a lot of "then dont watch MMA" comments (posting for easy likes without reading my post) but I guarantee they agree with me deep down.

Funny thing is his striking looked really sharp and accurate against RDA. He could have got a finish, most likely doctor stoppage, if he had just kept it up and jabbed the face off RDA and let that cut do it's thing.
It was like he was going through a routine. Sticking to the game plan no matter what opportunities presented themselves live in the fight.
Very robotic fighter and his weird way of speaking adds to that.
Masvidal fight is the only thing that would keep me interested but I doubt it's in Jorge's plan to fight down when he is riding the biggest wave of his career.

Boring? Nah, he did what he needed to win but right now i don't see a clear dominant WW champ and i think Leon can beat Usman if Colby doesn't beat him first.

Dude is sublime. It's not for everyone but dude is fantastically skilled.

Huh?

That was a good fight..

Sounds like rough and roudy is more your style.

Funny thing is his striking looked really sharp and accurate against RDA. He could have got a finish, most likely doctor stoppage, if he had just kept it up and jabbed the face off RDA and let that cut do it's thing.
It was like he was going through a routine. Sticking to the game plan no matter what opportunities presented themselves live in the fight.
Very robotic fighter and his weird way of speaking adds to that.
Masvidal fight is the only thing that would keep me interested but I doubt it's in Jorge's plan to fight down when he is riding the biggest wave of his career.

I think Jorge can beat Leon but why taking that fight when he's on a ko streak with a high chance to a title shot?

WW has always been molested by boring wrestler types for a large portion of the UFCs existence.

I love to watch fantastic grapplers go at it, and some of my favourite fighters now are grappling based fighters. Point fighting is what I hate to watch even though its logically sound but there is nothing more boring in MMA than wet blankets.

I respect Usman and his dominance with wrestling but holy crap was his run to the title filled with boring wet blanket performances. He even fought Edwards and wet blanketed him aswell, and that seemed to inspire Edwards to take the title of "the most boring fighter at WW".

I choose to never hate on fighters, even those I dont like, and I wont start that here. But Ill admit, Ill look forward to seeing someone beat Edwards ass thoroughly and finish him with a KO.

Edwards is literally turning some of the most fun fighters to watch at WW into boring ones including Luque, Cerrone and RDA.

He is a striker who seems to have turned into a wrestler somehow and using his size advantage to snooze his way to decisions.

Anyone else agree? Discuss.

Besides Masvidal, Lawler and the late Rory, there is nobody in the WW division who I see in a fight and think oh wow this is going to be great at the top level. I like Mike Perry though because he comes in to kill or be killed.

Otherwise, everyone else is almost completely wrestlefuckers. The no-name heavyweight fighters last night were way more interesting than the main event.

Maybe the UFC could trade Colby, Usman and Edwards for Lima and MVP and Rory? At least their fights, except maybe Rory's lately, are not boring.

wrestling7.gif

Not here to judge!

Im prepared to to get a lot of "then dont watch MMA" comments (posting for easy likes without reading my post) but I guarantee they agree with me deep down.
MMA enthusiast in me respects Leon for winning and finding the path to winning using the one of least resistance.

The fight fan in me is like "did you really make an RDA fight boring?".

No tbf I didn't.

I have now and yep, I can confirm that MMA is not for you.
Exactly, exposed your like whoring, sherdog pandering post. You literally contributed nothing here. Pathetic.

now all of a sudden leon edwards is a wrestler to fit your shit narrative
edwards destroyed your boy standing, elbowed him to CTE city and gave him a nice souvenir

Back