Media Leon Edwards fails at roasting Gilbert Burns

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Gilbert Burns:
“I think Leon Edwards lost the shot just because he didn’t get a finish. He wasn’t hungry. Not even criticizing the guy. I think he fought very good. He’s a very smart fighter. But he’s not a finisher. If you go all day and sometimes just, as they say, bite the mouthpiece, and go forward, and finish the fight, sometimes you’re gonna get the shot,” Burns said (h/t MMA News).

“But if you just kinda point-fight, winning the fight, that’s good for you. You make more money, you’re changing contracts, you’re getting better, getting famous. But at the end of the day, the real fans, the real guys, the crazy guy with the ‘Just Bleed,’ those are the real fans. And they want to see violence. They want to see a finish. They go crazy when someone does a crazy knockout. And I just think he lost the shot (with) that performance.”

bro, a bloated LW almost knocked you out. What are you talking about? Taking shots at gilbert makes him look like dense.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

8984a510-cc00-11eb-a9f5-84b90c921f66

Gibert couldnt finish a shot Woodley that Luque destroyed so yea, that being said the UFC is an entertainment business so they will probably snuff Leon out of a title shot.

So you're taking shots at Leon and Nate? This should go well.
<mma4>
Yes. Burns is just offering his opinion, I'm not sure mentioning he got knocked out by the champion is an dig when he almsot got knocked out by a lw journeyman

Ever since the Belal fight, I've hated Edwardpenis hands

Yes. Burns is just offering his opinion, I'm not sure mentioning he got knocked out by the champion is an dig when he almsot got knocked out by a lw journeyman
When you're clawing your way up the rankings, I'd imagine you'll do/say whatever you can in an effort to drum up support for whatever fight you're trying to get.

I don’t know was it Leon Scott or the guy with 5M Instagram followers and Kamaru asking to fight him?
<{natewhut}><209Bitch>
It’s sad how much y’all Diaz fans are proud of moral victories because he keeps losing it’s weird how Mma fans are the only fans in sports that celebrate losers lol

It’s sad how much y’all Diaz fans are proud of moral victories because he keeps losing it’s weird how Mma fans are the only fans in sports that celebrate losers lol
I would say combat sport fans in general respect fighters who overcome adversity. Most people like to root for the underdog, especially when that dog is as durable, charismatic, and skilled as Nick or Nate.
<BC1>

Win lose or draw they’re always in great fights. So they will always have fans. And rightfully so. As paying for fights is for entertainment.

why do you watch. To root for the guy who just wins despite if he’s appealing to watch fight?

do you have a new favorite fighter or sports team or , musician and movie every year?

Back