Rumored Leon Edwards claims he was offered Tyron Woodley as co-main event for Conor McGregor return

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/10...ey-as-co-main-event-for-conor-mcgregor-return

"Leon Edwards appears to be on the verge of securing a date with former champion Tyron Woodley.

In an interview with SevereMMA.com, the surging U.K. welterweight revealed that the UFC had offered him and Woodley a co-main event slot for Conor McGregor’s Jan. 18 return, which was announced by the Irishman at a Russian press conference last week.

Edwards has already agreed to the date with Woodley, and based on what he said, the ball is firmly in the court of the former champion in terms of the contest being set in stone.

“If they give me Woodley, the talk is that it would be in America. They said to me this week that they offered Tyron Woodley the fight for January...the same date as Conor...the same card as Conor in January. They offered us that fight for the co-main, I said, ‘Yeah,’ and whatever, so [we’ll wait and see],” said Edwards."
Edwards via domination

I think if Edwards approaches the fight similar to Usman he will win a tedious decision. Good matchup but I don’t expect to see any fireworks.

Tyron would be dumb to not take the fight. He gains nothing from beating the guys he "respects" like RDA or Lawler. Beat Edwards and you're getting a TS

Plus it'll capture the most eyes possible because it'll be the fight before Conor
Depends what Woodley wants at this point. Been there done that as far as being champ. He's 37, will be 38 in April. I'm fine with him taking fun fights for the next couple of years.

Hah c’mon Leon you know they would bump your ass down to undercard if a more exciting fight popped up.

Woodley will duck with the force of a thousand suns.

Was hoping to get Yoel/Cannonier in that co-main slot. Edwards vs Woodley won't be that exciting. I think Woodley might duck him anyways, kind of hope he does so this doesn't take up a co-main slot.

Until an official announcement.

Everything Mcg related has to be taken like that.

Lol get ready for boring clinch fest. Dude is a bum

Edwards pieces this fool up. His TDD is great and woodley has nothing for him on the feet.

Was hoping to get Yoel/Cannonier in that co-main slot. Edwards vs Woodley won't be that exciting. I think Woodley might duck him anyways, kind of hope he does so this doesn't take up a co-main slot.

I wouldn't rule out getting that as well, Conor cards are usually stacked.

LOL, there are people who honestly believe Leon beats Woodley?

honestly, the way negotiations take place nowadays and ppl claiming fights and contracts, and other fighters denying things, and ufc lowballing and only pretending to offer fights as leverage.... we have NO idea what or who to believe anymore

Plus the few fighters that have other options take those options. All of a sudden the UFC ain't so happy about that.

Too much politics and low balling fighters.

Now that WME backed out of the IPO there's going to be so much more pressure on Dana and others to lowball fighters to make top executives, creditors and shareholders happy. Of course should they try again to scam people with that stupid IPO they will try and pressure their top stars to take paycuts or just retire them while keeping them under contract.

Woodley will duck again and its not surprising anymore at this point.

Leon leaves himself open when throwing that pillowfisted jab. Woodley via vicious ko or tko.

Back