Rumored Leon Edwards claims he was offered Tyron Woodley as co-main event for Conor McGregor return

Pious Augustus

Born With Thick Skin
Pink
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/10...ey-as-co-main-event-for-conor-mcgregor-return

"Leon Edwards appears to be on the verge of securing a date with former champion Tyron Woodley.

In an interview with SevereMMA.com, the surging U.K. welterweight revealed that the UFC had offered him and Woodley a co-main event slot for Conor McGregor’s Jan. 18 return, which was announced by the Irishman at a Russian press conference last week.

Edwards has already agreed to the date with Woodley, and based on what he said, the ball is firmly in the court of the former champion in terms of the contest being set in stone.

“If they give me Woodley, the talk is that it would be in America. They said to me this week that they offered Tyron Woodley the fight for January...the same date as Conor...the same card as Conor in January. They offered us that fight for the co-main, I said, ‘Yeah,’ and whatever, so [we’ll wait and see],” said Edwards."

edward is the next champ whether you like it or not, he is the most well rounded WW since GSP, his elbows are a thing of beauty !

This dork somehow generated nuthuggers galore. Woodley will lay waste to this pretender.

Woodley has the power to put him out but chances are he will mentally shut down if Leon pressures him.

Woodley will lay waste to this pretender.

tenor.gif

Honestly all jokes aside, Leon is underrated.

Tyron would be dumb to not take the fight. He gains nothing from beating the guys he "respects" like RDA or Lawler. Beat Edwards and you're getting a TS

Plus it'll capture the most eyes possible because it'll be the fight before Conor

Leon outworks him. Possibly 30-27.

I think Leon would win a UD at this point, even in a five-round fight.

I think the Usman fight might have been the first fight of "old Woodley" (37 years old at WW) that we saw.

That said, Woodley could still win for sure. I want to see another fight out of him to see where his commitment/movement/skill is at circa 2019.

Really like Leon's style. Who else is willing to fight Woodley. All the so-called "bad motherfuckers" wouldn't unless a title was on the line.

And now they're dodging the elite fighters for make-believe WWE belts that the UFC is desperate enough to grant them. Hilarious state of affairs.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/10...ey-as-co-main-event-for-conor-mcgregor-return

"Leon Edwards appears to be on the verge of securing a date with former champion Tyron Woodley.

In an interview with SevereMMA.com, the surging U.K. welterweight revealed that the UFC had offered him and Woodley a co-main event slot for Conor McGregor’s Jan. 18 return, which was announced by the Irishman at a Russian press conference last week.

Edwards has already agreed to the date with Woodley, and based on what he said, the ball is firmly in the court of the former champion in terms of the contest being set in stone.

“If they give me Woodley, the talk is that it would be in America. They said to me this week that they offered Tyron Woodley the fight for January...the same date as Conor...the same card as Conor in January. They offered us that fight for the co-main, I said, ‘Yeah,’ and whatever, so [we’ll wait and see],” said Edwards."
It takes two to tango. Woodley doesn't seem to want any part of Leon. I don't know why Tyron thinks he deserves a rematch with Usman. There was nothing in that fight that said Woodley could do better. I think Usman would finish him next time.
https://www.mmamania.com/2019/10/1/...s-hes-a-goat-not-a-gatekeeper-title-fight-mma

Tyron would be dumb to not take the fight. He gains nothing from beating the guys he "respects" like RDA or Lawler. Beat Edwards and you're getting a TS

Plus it'll capture the most eyes possible because it'll be the fight before Conor
Edwards is criminally underrated... would be a great fight. I still think Woodley handles him, but I can't think of a more interesting matchup for T-Wood right meow.

honestly, the way negotiations take place nowadays and ppl claiming fights and contracts, and other fighters denying things, and ufc lowballing and only pretending to offer fights as leverage.... we have NO idea what or who to believe anymore

Back