News Leon Edwards attempts trash talk at Masvidal & Woodley calls them "WEIRD"

This guy is so not relevant.. stop making excuses and take a fight jesus.

Nothing weird about Mas' decisions....he's looking for the bank firstly, as this success is happening in the last 15-20% of his career.
A UFC title shot with a general unknown wont generate the bank needed to feed his family the rest of his life. It could if he wins, but thats a big if. Usman is a monster whether you like him or not.
He should have pushed the Conor return fight, which would have set him well for life. After wrecking Conrad the title shot would have been there even more...

As a Masvidal fan, nothing would make me happier than to see him become a champion before he retires. Unfortunately in todays UFC/ESPN/Conor era the focus has been about making maximum profits and that has shifted the fighters priorities in favor of chasing big paydays which are not really guaranteed just by winning a title

Poor Leon... No one wants to fight him except a guy who already beat him

...and the UFC is hesitant to book that fight because the champ and his manager are looking for some nice paydays...

...something Leon can not offer to anyone
giphy.gif
<45><45><45><45><45><45><45>
cant stop laughing

“It’s weird,” Edwards said. “It’s very weird. In the history of the sport I’ve never known someone to turn down a title shot. Like, literally running away from a title shot, it’s weird. He’s either outbidding himself or just now saying he’s fighting (Nate) Diaz. I know he’s probably a bigger name but as far as technically when it’s all said and done you want to be a champion don’t you? And he does want to be a world champion so it’s weird, I don’t know, I don’t know how to take it.”
not probably

It’s not that weird. Masvidal knows if he loses, his chance of making more money goes down. He knows quite well that he’s going to get wrestle fucked if he tries to fight for the title, so he’s not trying to fuck up his money. I know how these Miami guys think. Cmon man.

Should have called them doo doo heads. imo that would have showed them..

ya, that makes no sense to me at all....he'd rather fight a guy he absolutely destroyed already.
He told him theyd run it back.....keeping his word if nothing less. Not saying it makes amy sense though.

Nothing weird about Mas' decisions....he's looking for the bank firstly, as this success is happening in the last 15-20% of his career.

A UFC title shot with a general unknown wont generate the bank needed to feed his family the rest of his life. It could if he wins, but thats a big if. Usman is a monster whether you like him or not.

He should have pushed the Conor return fight, which would have set him well for life. After wrecking Conrad the title shot would have been there even more...

Another UFC financial fan. You lot are as weird as it gets.

Another UFC financial fan. You lot are as weird as it gets.
I care for nothing other than punches and kicks, my misinformed Canadian brother. I'm just calling it like it probably is.

The cookie cutter era has turned the majority of fighters into payday seekers with title aspirations taking a back seat.

Weird is wearing another mans bathrobe to an event as form of a callout

thumbnail

fookin weirdo that masvidal... cant respect him as a man anymore

This guy cannot even talk English, what the fuck was that accent?

Add to that the low IQ and that’s a fucking mother fucker.

Stick to point fighting Leon and put the mic down.

MMA is becoming like boxing, the best talent don’t fight each other.

No I meant Muhamed Ali who was used to be the Conor Mcgregor of HW Boxing. He didnt just talk the talk but also walked the walk
I know, just joking. Ali was an amazing trash talker but he did get some of his ideas from pro wrestlers who pre-dated him.

Problem at 155/170 right now is that you've got a number of guys who are legit stars: Conor, Colby, Jorge, Khabib. Then you've got Usman with the strap at 170.

All of these guys are looking to maximize their leverage, their earning potential, as the UFC is cheap and the sport tough.

And with no live gate right now what's the incentive for the UFC to make any of these huge fights? And what's the incentive for any of the above big names to take less money against a huge name in a risky fight?

Back