leon claiming he was promised title shot?

pride_rules

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

after all the inactivity, gets a title shot with a win over a very green unranked khamzat?
does that mean khamzat gets a ts with a win over edwards too? how is this fight a contender fight
khamzat bless i guess
<WhatIsThis>

Khamzat vs Edwards, just two unranked fighters getting a paycheck.
how i feel about it
im interested to see how far khamzat goes, but i cant sign up for him being some war goat god already lol.
and leon just needs to stop taking the twood route to a title and just go fight

the winner is still behind the winner of Masvidal and Colby although Khamzat might jump both with a W considering Usman already beat them and the UFC should be able to sell the fuck out of Usman v Khamzat.

Leon might jump Colby and Mas if he can finish Khamzat but otherwise NO ONE, especially not Dana wants to see Usman v Leon 2

Leon on a VERY long line of that promise......has he not been paying attention?

Promised title shots in UFC are like " upgrades" with your cell plan.
i can upgrade to a title phone!
ATT: you sure can, its just going to cost you 3 more wins and you to sign this new contract lol

is normal

Even though Edwards is technically unranked, this is a very huge step up in competition for Khazmat. I like watching him kick ass and hope he continues to do so.

I put Colby over him tbh. If Usman is still champ I don't think Leon has improved enough to prevent Usman from taking him down again. The Colby fight was super close before the finish so I say Colby vs Mas and if Colby wins he gets Usman again.

He’ll have to win in spectacular fashion

if he beats Dana’s boy by leg kicking and jabbing his way to a decision he’s not gonna get the shot out of spite

after all the inactivity, gets a title shot with a win over a very green unranked khamzat?
does that mean khamzat gets a ts with a win over edwards too? how is this fight a contender fight
khamzat bless i guess
<WhatIsThis>

He's in London and we are in a pandemic. I hear it's tough to train and things are generally more restricted there. I'm not sure he should be punished for that.

Leon beats Chimaev easily

Levels

khamzat bless i guess
<WhatIsThis>

Yeah maybe he was promised a title shot. 3 or 4 other guys were probably promised title shots too.

Lmao at Edwards winning against Khamzat.
After this fight Khamzat will beat 2 Nigerians in a row and become the Triple C (WW, MW and the Sweden wrestling champ)

Leon isn’t unranked. He’s #3 right now. He’s also on a 8 fight win streak over solid guys like RDA, Nelson, Luque and Cerrone. UFC has offered him a title shot before as well. If he beats Khamzat impressively he deserves it.

Same goes for Khamzat. He will be ranked #3 if he beats Leon and he’s currently riding possibly the best 3 fight win streak to start a UFC career ever. Beating Leon proves he’s legit and deserves a shot.

Colby and Mas already had their chance. They can get it after Leon/Khamzat

He’s on an 8 fight win streak. I do t think it’s out of the question for him to be pushing for a title shot.

Back