News Leon: “Dana I’m going to smash your boy”

Brodie

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Edwards absolutely believes the UFC wants Chimaev to win so they can continue promoting him as the sport’s next big thing.

“I know the UFC’s probably banking, Dana anyway, I know he’s praying that this kid wins, but I’ll be way too much for him in there, I’m telling you,” Edwards said.

If he was going to compare this situation to another in the UFC, Edwards points to a famous moment where Khabib Nurmagomedov was in the middle of a fight against Michael Johnson, but he was taking time to talk to White. Between rounds, Nurmagomedov turned to White and said “I’m going to smash your boy” in reference to Conor McGregor.

“That’s exactly how I feel, right,” Edwards said. “Dana, I’m going to smash your boy. I cannot wait. It’s going to be a very good night come December.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/11...t-chimaev-wins-but-im-going-to-smash-your-boy

Chimaev by TKO within 2 rounds

This fight is very intriguing stylistically. Khamzat is a huge WW who easily knocked out a veteran MW and has a 100% finishing rate (granted, not against elite competition). Leon couldn't finish a sandwich at this point in his career. That being said he is extremily technical and does a good jon shutting guys all the way down. I wonder how size will be a factor once they grapple, since Khamzat is a huge WW from the looks of it. Also can Khamzat go five rounds? Ton of questions I cant wait to see being answered.

Last edited:
I remember when Leon did indeed smash Seth Baczynski a few years back, he certainly can KO fighters but it requires him abandoning his safety first strategy. If he does beat Khamzat in devastating fashion people will want to see him fight.

Anything short of a spectacular knockout and Leon will look dumb.

Theres a reason he ducked Wonderboy.

Can't wait for khamzat to get his hands on Leon. Is gonna be glorious and i am gonna tell you right now. Khamzat stops him within 2 Rounds. His gonna put him in dagestani handcuf

yesssir lets go LEON the iron cuck killer stamping machine EDWARDS

Leon isn't smashing anything but he could definitely point fight him to a boring UD per his usual

khamzat will be stamped with about 4 elbows before he realize he been bodied

Back