Leo DiCaprio..WOWS

Because, unfortunately, he has a wide platform for those politics and we live in a time where our youth listen to actors and YouTube personalities to frame their world views more and more.

There are politics of all kinds available wherever you choose to look, life is politics. People find the politics that speaks to them.

You shouldn't be scared of your children hearing ideas, the ideas should succeed or fail on their merit. If you control your youth by not subjecting them to alternative viewpoints you have failed.

But I appreciate your viewpoint, I just don't think it's relevent.

There are politics of all kinds available wherever you choose to look, life is politics. People find the politics that speaks to them.

You shouldn't be scared of your children hearing ideas, the ideas should succeed or fail on their merit. If you control your youth by not subjecting them to alternative viewpoints you have failed.

But I appreciate your viewpoint, I just don't think it's relevent.
i do agree that viewpoints are everywhere, but there are so many horrible viewpoints on the platforms that children tend to only listen to it’s extremely one dimensional. Combined with the fact the kids don’t have the life experience or maturity to understand things are more complicated than they seem. My fear is that it could create a generation that may not have empathy for the other sides of arguments.

Leos working on some good sounding movies right now, the next few years he will be adding some great flicks to his resume

i do agree that viewpoints are everywhere, but there are so many horrible viewpoints on the platforms that children tend to only listen to it’s extremely one dimensional. Combined with the fact the kids don’t have the life experience or maturity to understand things are more complicated than they seem. My fear is that it could create a generation that may not have empathy for the other sides of arguments.

Leo largely doesn't even talk politics and when he does, 90% of the time it's about environmentalism. His entire website is dedicated to it. It's hilarious you're calling his politics awful when he does far more for the planet in one year than you will do in your lifetime.

Leo largely doesn't even talk politics and when he does, 90% of the time it's about environmentalism. His entire website is dedicated to it. It's hilarious you're calling his politics awful when he does far more for the planet in one year than you will do in your lifetime.
You can find sources that show what his views are on the economy, social issues, etc. my main gripe when it comes to his environmentalism is not his passion for climate change issues (because he seems to be one of the few celebrities that puts his money where his mouth is) but his Idea of carbon offsets making his strategy borderline elitism in which only people that can afford to offset their carbon emissions can participate.

Back