Lennox Lewis vs. Tyson Fury prime for prime.

I watched most of Wlad's fights and in his younger days he struggled with "brawlers" (fighters who had power and pressed the pace early) and was also susceptible to gasing hard late in fights. Sanders was the first to show us this when he blitzed Wlad (on the advice of Lewis).

Lewis had the ability to recognize where fighters were not comfortable and take the fight there. He could outbox fighters who were technically weak and out brawl boxers who were technically strong.

Fury has the same ability (to fight differently when needed), look at how differently he approached Wilder in both fights.

I think Wlad is one of the all-time greats but he was for the most part a one trick pony.
Actually Wlad picked brawlers apart, the fight I mentioned shows that . Wlad was as sharp an offensive fighter that ever boxed with speed and power to match .

The only true guy that defeated him when he was really on point was Brewster but he had run out of gas ,the second is A.J .

The losses in other areas were a southpaw he didn’t train for an Purrity not keeping count of his punch out put not even Purrity thinks he should have won calling it lucky win .

This is the thing in boxing CAN you defeat a guy on point ? It’s not really this guy beat that guy because that’s how bookies clean up . A elite fighter only needs one night to have the right things in place .

Lewis needed Manny Steward like Wlad did , this is where history revisionist fall short , both guys relied on Steward for similar reasons , Wlad for inexperience and Lewis for confidence. It’s not a foregone conclusion Wlad wouldn’t have clipped Lewis early, just rewatch the Briggs fight ? You never know .

I think people are failing to recognize the immense amount of miles on Vlad when Fury beat him. It was a great win, but not indicative of how a fight against PRIME Lennox would go.

I'd rate Tyson slightly better defensively as his head movement allows him to avoid most shots entirely where Lennox did a lot more blocking in a more strict traditional manner. Both are elite at avoiding shots.

I'd give a significant edge to Lennox in offense. He hits harder, period.
KO power vs tko/UD power.

I don't think there is a lot of reason to think either blows the other away. Tyson doesn't have the power to KO lennox, so he needs to go 36 minutes without being hit clean, a tall order against, in my opinion probably the best head to head heavyweight of all time, certainly top 3.
Lennox could win a decision or KO and I think his heavier shots would help him bank most of the close rounds, of which I think there would be many.

I think it is conceivable Tyson Fury could win a fight if everything goes right, but Lennox wins the trilogy and wins more often than not.

Fury doesn't walk Lewis down Wilder style, as Lewis is big and strong and can fight inside. He moves to Lennox's left and tries to jab his way to the 12th round. I think this one is a close fight, without much exciting action. Lewis's right catches Fury at some point, I guess, but he survives more often than not.

Anybody that has to fight on their back foot against a man that is 6 foot 9 is most likely screwed lol

I remember he got stamina issues pretty fast. He'd get them even faster against Lennox, because Lennox would be in the pocket and throw punches back.

I really don't see this fight lasting very long if Fury fights Lennox force to force.

Vitali was good at that and he still got stopped inside of 6 against an out of shape Lewis.

fury would not fight that way against Lewis. I doubt very much he would fight that way against Joshua either. Both guys would likely knock him out fairly quickly. He possibly/probably beats Joshua from range over 12, and it’s the only way he has any chance of beating Lewis

He’s a smart and very versatile fighter. i don’t think we’ll see him fight that way against many other fighters, if any

Apparently you never saw Lewis fight Tyson because that's exactly how he fought him. Lots of Lewis' fights are similar to Wlad fights bunch of straight punches then clinching then repeat. I didn't say being big and having a jab were their only similarities, they also fought similarly but you don't want to have an honest debate so I'm done talking to you.

Emanuel steward trained them both in a very similar style, I wish I could ignore mods since you either are trolling me or don't know what the hell you're talking about.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2008/06/wladimir-klitschko-a-weaker-version-of-lennox-lewis/

Both Lewis and Klitchko fought with the same style while being trained by Emanuel Steward, if you don't see it you don't know what you're watching.

What the hell are you smoking. Lewis fought like that against shorter opponents that were goot at mid-close range like Holyfield or Tua. But against Taller opponents like Vitali Klitschko or Henry Akinwande he was aggressive.

As a matter of fact Henry Akinwande is the closet thing to Tyson Fury in the 90s. Fury is a lot more fluid, Awkward, and has a lot better head movement but both work off of a jab at range and Akinwandes was actually quicker and he had a reach as long if not slightly longer that Tyson Fury. Watch the first round and the beginning of the second round of the Lewis/Akinwande fight. Lewis was PRESSING the action heavily and did it to the point where Akinwande was too scared to trade with him and started clinching for dear life after catching a quick flurry of punches and getting backed into a corner.

Otto Wallin gave Fury problems when he pressed the action. Its safe to say a prime Lewis would have been an absolute nightmare for him

Funny enough Akinwande actually knocked out Tyson Fury's dad

I’d bet the farm that it goes to decision but I’d probably go with Fury in a rather close fight.

I like fury. He troubles LL for a while, bit Lennox hard jab annd right hand proves the difference the longer ot goes

2 of the best HWs to ever come out of England.

How does Lewis do against Fury's size, reach, and footwork?

Fury is great but Lewis is a problem for anybody that ever stepped in the ring at heavyweight, Ali & Prime Mike included.

Idk, I guess Fury would have a chance, but I really think Lewis would beat him by stoppage, and possibly early. Lennox stopped so many quality guys so easily back in the shark tank that was the 90s HW division. I cant see Fury winning, but who knows, maybe we would have been surprised.

Lewis jabs his way to a decision imo

Thank God this guy was banned.

It's closer than Tyson fans think. I actually think reffing will matter. Lewis was more Wlad Klitachko inside against shorter fighters than people want to remember.

Prime Tyson doesn't get clipped as much as 90's Tyson. And Tyson wilted under a number of big punches, not one. Lewis got clipped TWICE Y lesser fighters.

I think Tyson wins by KO. Or Lewis by decision. But more likely Tyson by KO. Again reffing matters.

Idk, I guess Fury would have a chance, but I really think Lewis would beat him by stoppage, and possibly early. Lennox stopped so many quality guys so easily back in the shark tank that was the 90s HW division. I cant see Fury winning, but who knows, maybe we would have been surprised.

One thing worth mentioning is that Lewis usually got winged by guys with faster hands who got inside his jab. If Mercer were A side, he probably would have won. Mercer used short, smooth moves and quicker hands.

Fury is slick too. Slicker than Lewis. With faster hands but with the height and reach and footwork. I think Fury only has to watch for the big punches, but he took Wilder's best, so....

It's close. You twist my arm I sat Fury. It's close.

Back