Lennox Lewis in talks to fight Wlad for 100 million

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Apparently he's serious this time. Can't see it happening for 100 million though.

Can't see Wlad being all that excited about it either. If he cared about padding his record with faded ATGs he would have jumped at the chance to fight Evander and Mercer. I just don't really buy what he's saying.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...fight-Wladimir-Klitschko-for-100-million.html

Former undisputed world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis would be happy to make a sensational return to the ring to face IBF, WBA and WBO titlist Wladimir Klitschko - but only for $100 million, the biggest purse in boxing history.
Lewis, who turned 48 last month, last fought professionally over a decade ago, but has said he would be ready to step back into the ring with only six months of training on the condition that he is paid $100m, over double the purse that was guaranteed to Floyd Mayweather in his victory over Saul Alvarez last month.
Lewis says he was offered $50m to end his retirement while he attended Klitschko's uninspiring unanimous decision victory over Alexander Povetkin in Moscow at the weekend, but would need double that to spring into action.
"That is my price tag and it is under discussion," Lewis told the Daily Mail. "I have told them I can be ready in six months and I am in provisional training.
"I said at the time that it will take $50m to get me out off my pyjamas but now I have to consider the value of my legacy of having retired as undisputed champion. That will cost them $100m."
Related Articles
Fury infuriated by taunts 09 Oct 2013
Lewis: I would KO Fury in a round 09 Oct 2013
Fury to fight Haye on Feb 8 05 Oct 2013
'Haye and Chisora barking dogs' 04 Oct 2013
Klitschko overwhelms Povetkin 06 Oct 2013
Joshua wins on pro debut 06 Oct 2013
Lewis had always maintained he had no interest in making a comeback since retiring after beating Klitschko's older brother Vitali in June 2003 in controversial circumstances, retaining his WBC title when the fight was stopped after the sixth round in Los Angeles.
The Ukrainian had a deep cut above his left eye but led on the judges' scorecards when officials ruled he could not continue.
In the referee's opinion the cut had been caused by a punch, which meant that Lewis was automatically declared the winner.
A much-hyped rematch never materialised, but Lewis would be more focused on a fight with Wladimir should he decide to return to the ring.
"I beat Vitali so I would like to fight the other brother but we'll see how it works out," he said.

He's always been serious, but nobody offered him that amount of money.
And from what I understand nobody has done it this time either.

If he cared about padding his record with faded ATGs he would have jumped at the chance to fight Evander and Mercer. I just don't really buy what he's saying.[/B]

Wladimir has fought Mercer.

Holyfield lost to Valuev and Ibragimov, didn't beat anyone notable to get a shot at Klitschko. I suspect this is the only reason Klitschko vs. Holyfield hasn't happened yet.

Wlad would put a beating on Lewis at this stage.

They offered him $50,000,000 and then Lennox was all like......

dr-evil.jpg

This has to be bollocks! Lewis would've ko'd him within 6 when he was still fighting but he's been retired what 10 years? He'd be fckin stupid to come out if retirement at nearly 50 against a guy still in his prime; and he's not stupid so I can't see it

"I beat Vitali so I would like to fight the other brother but we'll see how it works out," he said.[/B]

I like Lennox but you didn't really beat Vitali in my book. Lewis should have fought the rematch to clear things up. I consider no one the winner of that fight.

Lewis is ridiculous. Why is he putting a monetary price on his legacy? Money should have nothing to do with it at this point. Either fight or don't. The fact that he says he was offered $50 million is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Vitaly wants great finish for hir career. he will pay 100m$ for fight and + 100m$ for win )))

I think its just talk. I remember him saying these same things a few years ago but for 50 mill.

I'm not sure its worth 100 mill to have a 50 year old Lennox on your resume.

$100 mil for a fighter who hasn't fought in over a decade? Yeah not gonna happen

I like Lennox but you didn't really beat Vitali in my book. Lewis should have fought the rematch to clear things up. I consider no one the winner of that fight.

Should there have been an immediate rematch? For sure. But that was a legit TKO. Good doctor stoppage. Vitali's face was mangled from fair punches. Those were the worst cuts I've ever seen in boxing.

Why not Vitali? Unfinished business there.

Doubtful though, just scouting for attention like a lot of retired guys so.

if you look at the state of his face,you will realize that klitcshko is just selling wolf tickets if he thinks he can best lennox even in his ripe old age
look at the state of his face.

Lennox won't want to have Larry Merchant doing the post fight interview.

What this show me more than anything is that the chatter amongst fans that he really didn't beat Klitschko really must bother him deep down. He wouldn't be calling him out now even still if it didn't.

He retired and there was nobody else to fight anyway! why should there have been a rematch, vitali needed 60 stitches in his face and mouth! Hardly a fckin premature stoppage?

He retired and there was nobody else to fight anyway! why should there have been a rematch, vitali needed 60 stitches in his face and mouth! Hardly a fckin premature stoppage?

On the night of the fight, Vitali was cheered out of the ring and immediately there was demand for a rematch, Lewis was booed out of the ring. For an ATG like Lewis, that wasn't a good way to go out. Say what you will, the manner was not convincing, lewis was losing and the main damage he caused was from a glancing shot that opened a gash. Some people don't agree, but in my book it was not a convincing stoppage and there is a certain element of unfulfillment when someone is stopped on cuts while winning. Same in the ams when I fought, getting stopped because of a bloody nose if you were winning was deemed unlucky.

Lewis promised Vitali a rematch. You can find footage of Lewis saying he will rematch Vitali on youtube. He also had the opportunity to fight Wlad, another fight which should have been made.

Back