Lennox Lewis: Father Time is undefeated

What's your pick tonight Seano?
On the fence. Should be Pac but he's 40 and might just get caught with a counter he doesn't see. Tough to say when a fighter like Pac gets older.

People forget that George was getting smacked around by second tier heavyweights ... Lou Savarase, Alex Stewart, Pierre Coetzer ... strong men, but not top tier ... People were genuinely concerned about George's health.

But sure: He would've wrecked Mike Tyson inside of 2-3 rounds ... sure.

The saying doesn't mean old fighters can't have sporadic moments of greatness or can't accomplish certain things.

It just means given a long enough time period, your skills/abilities will atrophy to the point where you will take losses and beatings you never would have suffered in and around your prime, or even have a more difficult time beating fighters your old self would have easily handled.

You can't beat Father Time. All you can do is retire before he catches you.

People forget that George was getting smacked around by second tier heavyweights ... Lou Savarase, Alex Stewart, Pierre Coetzer ... strong men, but not top tier ... People were genuinely concerned about George's health.

But sure: He would've wrecked Mike Tyson inside of 2-3 rounds ... sure.

No he wouldn't. Both young and old Foreman would hade have lost. 80s and 90s Tyson never lost in his career to sluggers... Never. And don't campare Tyson to Frazier. Completely different fighters. Tyson's defence was far superior

Last edited:
Selective memory from Lennox or why does he discount Foreman?

He's mad that Father Time did a number and went to town on his hairline
Lennox_Lewis.jpg

190051.jpg

40 yr old Pac still dominated 29 yr old Broner in his prime

No he wouldn't. Both young and old Foreman would hade have lost. 80s and 90s Tyson never lost in his career to sluggers... Never. And don't campare Tyson to Frazier. Completely different fighters. Tyson's defence was far superior

sarcasm-motherfucker_o_1542095.jpg

From 2015: "I heard Oscar De La Hoya is 50/50 on a comeback," Lewis told Boxing Scene in a recent interview. "I'm 100/0 that he should not."

"Father Time is still undefeated," the former heavyweight champion stressed.

No, Lennox, Father Time has been defeated before:

Did he forget?

You are taking so much out of context. It's "when he retired" and "when he came back".
That's what i mean by wearN tear.
ODL has already had a long life career, where wearNtear has run him off.
Not like Big Goerge who retired in his late 20s and came back a decade later.
This isn't rocket science, and every trainer would tell u the same thing.

A lot of people are serios. As if Tyson wouldn't destroy smokin Joe..

Would havr been a great fight while it lasted. Frazier would have came steaming out the gates.

lol Tyson's style was tailor made to be destroyed by Foreman.

lol Tyson's style was tailor made to be destroyed by Foreman.

You are reading too much into his fights with Frazier. Peak Foreman struggled with Peralta who fought close range as well, and had tremendous difficulties with Ali's handspeed close range.

Yes Ali used rope a dope tactics, BUT he also stood toe to toe and outboxed Foreman.

Last edited:
From 2015: "I heard Oscar De La Hoya is 50/50 on a comeback," Lewis told Boxing Scene in a recent interview. "I'm 100/0 that he should not."

"Father Time is still undefeated," the former heavyweight champion stressed.

No, Lennox, Father Time has been defeated before:

Did he forget?

Oscar
Ain’t no Foreman

Back