Lennox Lewis: Father Time is undefeated

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

From 2015: "I heard Oscar De La Hoya is 50/50 on a comeback," Lewis told Boxing Scene in a recent interview. "I'm 100/0 that he should not."

"Father Time is still undefeated," the former heavyweight champion stressed.

No, Lennox, Father Time has been defeated before:

Did he forget?

tenor.gif

From 2015: "I heard Oscar De La Hoya is 50/50 on a comeback," Lewis told Boxing Scene in a recent interview. "I'm 100/0 that he should not."

Did he forget?

Father time caught up to George a whole mess of times. He just got lucky enough to fight one of the worst champions in HW history.

Father time caught up to George a whole mess of times. He just got lucky enough to fight one of the worst champions in HW history.

It didn't when it mattered. Lewis claimed it had never been done. He is wrong. Father Time is Father Time, no matter what your opinions is of the champion of the time.

If i could like that a million times i would.

George Foreman got fucking battered by Axel Schulz, and gave up his titles after he was gifted a win, while people like to romanticise Foremans win against Moorer, he was a fat old shot boxer who got beaten(maybe not officially, but it may be the worst robbery i have ever seen) by a Euro level fighter in his first defence.

Moorer and Foreman just lined up perfectly, the fact Foreman beat him, and then won(lost) against Shulz and went on to lose to Shannon Briggs is a massive indicator as to how good both Foreman and Moorer were at the time.

George Foreman got fucking battered by Axel Schulz, and gave up his titles after he was gifted a win, while people like to romanticise Foremans win against Moorer, he was a fat old shot boxer who got beaten(maybe not officially, but it may be the worst robbery i have ever seen) by a Euro level fighter in his first defence.

Moorer and Foreman just lined up perfectly, the fact Foreman beat him, and then won(lost) against Shulz and went on to lose to Shannon Briggs is a massive indicator as to how good both Foreman and Moorer were at the time.

Foreman got robbed against Briggs.

I literally watched that Schulz fight yesterday. He got beat up pretty good against Alex Stewart too. Look what Tyson did to Stewart.

I have always said comeback Foreman is the most overrated fighter in the history of the sport. Made Tommy Morrison look like Ali, got stripped for ducking Tucker, got multiple gift decisions (this forum would SHRED Foreman today, imagine if it existed after the Schulz fight) and his promoter got caught paying people off to keep him from losing.

I literally watched that Schulz fight yesterday. He got beat up pretty good against Alex Stewart too. Look what Tyson did to Stewart.

I have always said comeback Foreman is the most overrated fighter in the history of the sport. Made Tommy Morrison look like Ali, got stripped for ducking Tucker, got multiple gift decisions (this forum would SHRED Foreman today, imagine if it existed after the Schulz fight) and his promoter got caught paying people off to keep him from losing.

I agree. It looked farcical at times.

You're missing the point. Father time does catch up, but he isn't undefeated.
eh, prime Foreman wouldn't have circles boxed around him by Tommy Morrison.

Foreman said that he literally forgot how to box when he made his comeback. The thing is, he was never a good boxer.. So I'm not sure what he forgot. His coaches said that they tried to get him to box properly but he was content with mostly arm punching.

To be fair, Foreman made a great comeback half way into the Holyfield fight, which nobody expected, and could have won that one with a little bit of momentum on his side, and luck.

He still beat father time though. So did Bernard Hopkins.

Did he forget?

I still get goosebumps rewatching that last round. Father time can indeed, on occasion, be turned back for one amazing moment. To hell with what happened after, don't lose sight of how amazing this one moment was.
That being said I would advise Oscar against a comeback, in the lighter weights I think it would be much harder due to the speed aspect..and on a side note I'm really curious to see how Manny Pac does tonight against Broner, with the big age difference.

No, Lennox, Father Time has been defeated before
This is not what that quote means. It simply means that age catches up to everyone at some point or another.

Back