Lemos responds to Gurgel responding to Rafa....

J Sho

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Facebook is the BJJ weapon of choice these days it seems...

Rafael is certainly right! By Atos Leader Ramon Lemos.

I have accompanied Rafael since his first steps in jiu-jitsu. His training companions and I know how much he, his brother, and all the athletes of Atos train for each competition. I also know that Rafael has long since given up many things in life, at times even his social life, in order to dedicate himself completely to his objectives, that are not limited to merely being a champion, but also to making a life through sports, as this was his choice and which I see him work at every day.

Rafael today is a great example for the Atos team and for the sport. An example not only for the fans that see him on the mat, but also an example within the academy, an example for his family, and for me.

Since the age of twelve he has shown his worth, he was World champion in all belts, and today we can say that he has won almost all possible titles, has triumphed over dozens of great athletes, has triumphed over legends of our sport, and despite his youth and with such great achievements he knows very well that he is merely at the BEGINNING and has a long journey ahead of him, that he will have to dedicate himself at every second in order to maintain and break records. But he is a great athlete with a thirst for victory, extremely well-trained and focused, and is never content with his achievements, as he always wants to attain something greater.

He has competed in all of the major competitions and has defeated top athletes in order to make his way to the top. Today, thank God, he is the current champion of all of the biggest events in the featherweight category.

If someone wants to make him fight under different rules, they will have to pay more than what is being proposed. As we all know that for this fight he will have to cancel seminars and concentrate exclusively on hard training.

It is also worth noting that in the coming year, there are the European, Brazilian, ADCC, World Pro and World Championships, such that anyone who would like to fight against him will be able to enter the competitions, since he will be there to defend his titles.

Therefore I as professor and leader of ATOS support your decision, demand that you be valued for what you are worth, since we do not train to prove anything to anyone, we fight for our own self-realization, to conquer our space, we train to achieve our objectives, and this you are doing perfectly.

Ramon Lemos

"He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalms 1:3

This is crazy. All this back and forth .

Very classy though. Seems very genuine.

BTW< After I see those matches I'll get back to you! THANKS!

On the latest Fightworks Podcast a spokesman for the investors group mentions that Rafa has not got back to them with a proposed figure.

Fact is, neither Rafa nor Cobrinha are looking for this , it is the investors who want to see them fight for their own amusement, so yeah, they can charge whatever they want and not be considered pussied, because it will get a lot of attention and DOES interfere with seminars and training for championships.

However, in BJJ if either of them (cobrinha or rafael) really wanted to find out who was the best, either could just show up at the other's gym and challenge them for a no-time-limit fight.

This was always done in BJJ. They will simply close the doors and never tell anyone who won that fight unless both agree. That's called "training behind closed doors".

Since they are not the interested party, let them charge whatever they want. They deserve it: the ARE the best in the world

Fact is, neither Rafa nor Cobrinha are looking for this , it is the investors who want to see them fight for their own amusement, so yeah, they can charge whatever they want and not be considered pussied, because it will get a lot of attention and DOES interfere with seminars and training for championships.

However, in BJJ if either of them (cobrinha or rafael) really wanted to find out who was the best, either could just show up at the other's gym and challenge them for a no-time-limit fight.

This was always done in BJJ. They will simply close the doors and never tell anyone who won that fight unless both agree. That's called "training behind closed doors".

Since they are not the interested party, let them charge whatever they want. They deserve it: the ARE the best in the world

Would be nice to know some stories about pure Bjj challenges like this. Maybe you could open a new, successful topic like the Rickson's one about this argument :icon_chee .

Everybody knows of a few, but they point is that they aren't discussed. One that people kind of know about, if I'm not mistaken, is that Yoji Anjoh (I'm pretty sure it was this guy or a name like it) challenged Rickson behind closed doors. Rickson put him to sleep, the end.

erm not quite put to sleep, he turned up, challenged Rickson and Rickson beat him like a dog. I think the story is on the UG somewhere.

Rickson put a beating on him because he wanted to make sure that the journalists saw the dammages instead of just an easy choke.

I think he said about when he fights for honor, he stops when he feel like it. when he fight for money, then the ref stop the fight.

Back