Legit worried Conor might pull out of Khabib fight

McGregor is far too arrogant to back out of this. He thinks he'll stand in front of Khabib like he did against Alvarez and will knock him down then out. The difference is that Khabib, unlike Alvarez, will actually commit when he comes forward. Unless either fighter has a major injury, this fight will happen.

Why are you worried? Does this affect your life in any way? If you are legitimately worried about your entertainment, mayhaps you are using your mental energy to worry about the wrong things in your life.

Edit: Also, what everybody else has said. One dude has pulled out of fights half a dozen times, the other has never pulled out of a fight, even against his first 'wrestler test' (Mendes) with only two weeks to prepare for him and an injured knee. And again... so what if he does? You going to lose sleep about it?

He bitched about promotional obligations prior to UFC 200 and “retired.” He’s done exactly what TS is talking about before.

But I agree, if he’s out Tony steps in. There’s no cause for concern...not that there should be any legitimate distress over entertainment anyway.

yes conor was pulled from 2 fights (i think). but he himself never pulled out, from what i can tell. even when injured.

and I'm not even a conor nuthugger (rooting for khabib), but i gotta call it like i see it.

He “retired.” He pulled himself via disciplinary action from Uncle Dana.

With the recent report of the UFC being frustrated with Conor's lack of promotion for the fight and having no press conferences currently scheduled because Conor is being difficult, I'm starting to worry that Conor already has his exit plan set up and will pull out close to the fight.

It might be that he's afraid of being in the same building as Khabib after the bus attack incident or it could simply be that Conor realizes that Khabib is a little too much for him. Whatever the reason, this is completely unprofessional of Conor.

Bump this thread when it happens.
Seems like he's resorting to a Diaz tactic.

And, why show up and promote when Khabob wont play along.

Silence is better for this one.

You should be worried for Khabib to pull out.

upload_2018-8-30_11-12-2.jpeg

You’re very persistent.

You badly want attention from us Conor fans, huh?

Why don’t you actually contribute to this site by trying to make one decent thread? You could at least try.

Nobody in combat sports history has promoted their own fights like him. He’s worked harder than every single one of them and it’s not close.

The amount of press conferences, nonstop one-on-one interviews, multiple world tours, random commercials, etc. Even through video games for fuck’s sake.

The only other fighter in combat sports history that did the level of promotion like him is Floyd, but even Floyd didn’t do all this shit, all the time, every time.

The level of media he’s done is/was unheard of.. until he showed up. He did everything he was supposed to do and more.

Conor should do the press conference(s), a couple one-on-one interviews and say that’s it.

He’s been out of action for over a year now and that’s plenty of time for a vacation, but he still doesn’t need to bust his ass through the media like he used to.

He’s done more than enough for the UFC, fans and haters alike with his nonstop self-promotion over the last 5 years.

Lol at Dana/WME getting upset about this. Once again they’re relying on Conor to do all the work for everybody.

You don’t even like Floyd.

Last edited:
It's not worth worrying about stuff. Usually crazier shit happens every day. So the stuff that worries you, by the time it rolls around, other shit is bugging you that you couldn't even anticipate. It's just one fucking fight. There's always other good ones to watch any way.

Oops, wrong thread.

Last edited:
i see conor's point of view - pay him more money if they want him to get the dogs barking, otherwise he'll just show up and fight - prob has something to do w how his pay is structured, aka less upside for promoting, although he still makes a lot in fixed salary (just a guess, as that would give him limited upside) - he's not doing sht for free for the ufc - he's criticized other bums for just giving into the UFC's demands

With the recent report of the UFC being frustrated with Conor's lack of promotion for the fight and having no press conferences currently scheduled because Conor is being difficult, I'm starting to worry that Conor already has his exit plan set up and will pull out close to the fight.

It might be that he's afraid of being in the same building as Khabib after the bus attack incident or it could simply be that Conor realizes that Khabib is a little too much for him. Whatever the reason, this is completely unprofessional of Conor.

Bump this thread when it happens.

What exactly would he be scared of? Getting paid? Let's go absolute worst case scenario - Conor get hugged and held down for 25 mins, eating pillow fists and defending. Post fight he takes some shit about ring rust and mistiming the takedowns, weird angles, etc. Says kabob scared to stand with him (100% truth), starts hyping rematch after Tony and Kabob get it on. OR moves on to Diaz rubber match if Diaz can win... Silly boy talk to say he is "scared".

That’s okay, Tony is ready

I’m starting to worry that you have an unhealthy obsession with Conor.

Conor has missed media obligations before but I don't think there is a reason to worry.

Both will show up no problem

9/10 times the high-level grappler will drown the high-level striker in the octagon. people say mcgregors been training for a year but by his coaches' accounts he hasn't been in the gym much since recently. he must feel like he's in quicksand right now.

no way

his stock would drop like crazy

He fought Mendes on 1 leg . The same Mendes that was literally destroying anyone not named Jose Aldo

So why be scared of Khabib who never finishes anyone ?

Back