Legit Taekwondo Schools near Burwood, Sydney?

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Katriona1992, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Katriona1992

Katriona1992 Green Belt

Its hard to find a school that teaches legit taekwondo but since I've started learning at a pretty good dojang back where I live, I want to continue studying the art. Any good recommendations? I typed in 'taekwondo near burwood' into google map and a lot of websites popped out but I don't know if its any good...

Thank you!

P.S. I prefer the school to teach WTF styled taekwondo (as that includes full contact sparring) but ITF is also great!

2. Vil7

Vil7 Silver Belt

Just call some of the schools that look good to you and schedule a visit to watch a class and see which one you like best.

3. barnburner

barnburner Orange Belt

You're a chick right?

4. Katriona1992

Katriona1992 Green Belt

Ahhhh...I am too far away (I'm in Hong Kong right now). But I did tried emailing them and most of the replies were kind of the same (stating the cost, how many times you get to train, what facilities are there etc)

5. Katriona1992

Katriona1992 Green Belt

I am a girl if thats what you mean :wink:

6. wisemanrax

wisemanrax Yellow Belt

In the emails ask if they regularly produce national champions in sparring or send their competitors to world level events.

Chances are that a school like that will include lots of cardio, weight training, lots of sparring ( continous ), ring management, and hogu drills, long distance running and short distance running. Don't be dissapointed if they have little kids in the school, as long as they have a competition team that trains very seriously, you're good.