legit fight for jds

BigDaddyWooWoo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Alright so let's cutoff all the bs. Alot of top heavyweights are already booked. The one name that stands out 2 me and doesn't have a fight. Is barnett. If jds can get thru him and possibly win against the loser of reem/bigfoot or werdum should he beat big nog then let's have the trilogy. But for now barnett? How do u think it'll go down

I think Jds would beat barnett. I can't see Barnett getting jds down and Jds has better striking.

I really wanna start thinking about this too, but it's far too early. He probably won't fight again till summer. A lot can change in that much time.

I hope I am wrong though.

I wouldn't mind a rematch with werdum but he's taken for now. And barnett is a superior grappler and is pretty durable. Not even cormier could finish him. Damn I feel like the hw division is so weak

Cormier after he destroys [insert name I can't remember here] in a couple days.

I like the Werdum rematch, but it's likely going to end up the same. Which is good for him

Cormier after he destroys [insert name I can't remember here] in a couple days.

Cormier is a top contender and very high level but I rather see him at 205 and actually give bones a challenge. If anybody is gonna beat bones its gonna be a wrestler. But that's a whole different subject

Don't feed Werdum to JDS yet.. He's a viable contender for Cain don't let that be derailed. JDS shouldn't fight Werdum until the trilogy with Cain is finished.

But it is a really tough question. The easy answer would be to fight the loser of Overeem/Bigfoot, and that makes the most sense at the moment.

UFC should give him a warm up fight, rematch with Roy Nelson or Hunt / Kongo

Loser of Overeem/Bigfoot.

Although Daniel Cormier has said that if Cain becomes champion again, he will drop down to LHW, it is a process that can take a long time and in the mean time, it wouldn't hurt for him to fight against another top heavyweight. Aside from Frank Mir, JDS is the best welcome match for Cormier because he is an elite heavyweight and he recently lost to the heavyweight champion by dominant fashion so their is no worry that he will deprive Cain of a potential future PPV opponent. For JDS, fighting Daniel Cormier could allow him to test himself against a fighter that is similar to Cain Velasquez and it will also allow him to get some measure of revenge on Cain by defeating his fellow teamate. Not to mention the fact, that by defeating Cormier, JDS will prove to the world that he can deal with Cain Velasquez wrestling.

Although Daniel Cormier has said that if Cain becomes champion again, he will drop down to LHW, it is a process that can take a long time and in the mean time, it wouldn't hurt for him to fight against another top heavyweight. Aside from Frank Mir, JDS is the best welcome match for Cormier because he is an elite heavyweight and he recently lost to the heavyweight champion by dominant fashion so their is no worry that he will deprive Cain of a potential future PPV opponent. For JDS, fighting Daniel Cormier could allow him to test himself against a fighter that is similar to Cain Velasquez and it will also allow him to get some measure of revenge on Cain by defeating his fellow teamate. Not to mention the fact, that by defeating Cormier, JDS will prove to the world that he can deal with Cain Velasquez wrestling.
You know, now that you mention it... Yea.

barnett or cormier if hes staying at heavyweight, surely werdum gets the shot after the nog fight

Give him a tune-up fight with Lavar Johnson
What's the o/u on that fight's duration? 2:30 in the 1st?
UFC should give him a warm up fight, rematch with Roy Nelson or Hunt / Kongo
I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Hunt. Then everyone could shut up about Hunt getting a title shot.

Solid reasoning.

barnett or cormier if hes staying at heavyweight, surely werdum gets the shot after the nog fight
Cain has some areas to improve before he fights Werdum.

Yea u got a point my dude. I like the idea of cormier and jds. But barnett still doesn't have an opponent and I feel he could too be a good fight for jds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back