LEGIO PROELIUM -- LT'S GoDL and Overhead Team Log

L

LegioTitan

Imperial_aquila.jpg

Welcome to our team log for the 2013 Game Of Death(lifts) and Overhead competition here in F13.

The members of the team and their starting maxes are as follows...

LEGIO PROELIUM:

Legiotitan, Princeps
525#DL, 170# OHP

Gingervitis(Starting Maxes: 385lb Deadlift/163lb SOHP)
Training Log: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f49/gingers-log-2049571/

Toonie(Starting Maxes: 475lb Deadlift/160lb SOHP)
Training Log: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f49/im-toonie-1167967/

LitteringAnd(Starting Max: 330lb Deadlift/215lb Push-Press) Current Max: 345lb Deadlift +15lb
Training Log: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f49/litteringand-log-1611761/

Vladimirtzu(Starting Maxes: 455lb Deadlift/190lb SOHP)
Training Log: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f49/going-balls-deep-2339737/

AlbionOakley(Starting Maxes: 170kg Deadlift/55kg SOHP)
Training Log: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f49/my-training-log-trimming-fat-training-strength-1874077/

Keilza(Starting Max with Belt: 150kg Deadlift/55kg SOHP)
Current Max: 155kg DL(+5kg)

Tsugaru(Starting Maxes: 360lb Deadlift with Belt/170lb SOHP)
Current Max: 375# DL (+15), 175# OHP (+5)
Training Log: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f49/closet-nerd-dont-tell-my-wow-guild-i-lift-heavy-things-1237046/

Tekkno(Starting Maxes: 130kg Deadlift/50kg SOHP)

K1 Hughes(Starting Maxes: 140kg Deadlift/55kg SOHP)

Grrthetree(Starting Maxes: Deadlift 365lbs/SOHP 165lbs)

Modern Warrior1(Starting Maxes: 345lb Deadlift/140lb SOHP)

Sotacram(Starting Maxes: 305lb Deadlift/130lb SOHP)
Current Max: 135# OHP (+5)
Training Log: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f49/keep-trying-keep-trying-dont-give-up-log-2347599/

ChiliDavis(Starting Maxes: 475lb Deadlift/185lb SOHP)

START TEAM TOTAL: 4740#--DL 1972# --OVH

CURRENT TEAM TOTAL: 4781#--DL 1982# --OVH

IMPROVEMENT TO DATE: +42# --DL +10# --OVH

The rules of the competition are as follows:

1)Game of Death(lifts) will run from 1st January to 1 July.

2)Winner will be the Team with the largest total improvement.

3)All PR's must be videoed. Hitching etc will disqualify the Deadlift.

4)Pull from the floor; no blocks etc.

5)Competitors may pull Conventional or Sumo.

6)Belts, Knee, and Elbow Wraps are allowed, but Belts must be declared when someone signs up. No Straps are allowed for PR's.

7)Competitors must give a Starting Max before the Game begins.

8)Overhead Press rules: the Bar must lockout with both elbows straight. Video proof is required. Belts are fine.

9)Competitors may choose to SOHP, Push-Press, Split Jerk or Power Jerk, but they must declare which Press they choose before the competition starts and stick with it.

---Please post any PR's and their attached videos in this thread. Also, feel free to post your training sessions. Of course if you have any questions regarding your training don't hesitate to ask.

---For those of you that don't know I'm a pretty big nerd. My SN on here comes from a sci-fi/fantasy world created by a gaming company. In their fiction Titans are massive(as in walking Empire State buildings) war machines designed to subjugate entire continents. They are organized into legions and referred to with the prefix of Legio followed by a honorific title generally based in Latin.
Proelium is our honorific. It means strength, violence, and bastion of power. I thought it fitting.

GO FORTH AND SET PR'S!

WE ARE LEGION

Warlock+titans.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty awesome first post

Cheers Legio, definitely looking forward to this and the team looks sexy as fuck.

I'll be training using 5/3/1 for powerlifting and have a local PL competition in March so hope to make some good gains fast. I've hurt my shoulder in some strange way so I won't be deadlifting for a while, but will make up for my training on squats.

'Mon the Titans!

Hi guys
Im about to start a new spreadsheet of 5/3/1 for powerlifting for the new year. Have spent the majority of the last year doing ordinary 5/3/1.

My current DL max is some way below my PR, so im hoping for gains there. My SOHP not so much but you never know!

Hi guys
Im about to start a new spreadsheet of 5/3/1 for powerlifting for the new year. Have spent the majority of the last year doing ordinary 5/3/1.

My current DL max is some way below my PR, so im hoping for gains there. My SOHP not so much but you never know!

Och don't be so modest. You were making all kinds of ridiculous gains in the last comp, expecting the same this time.

Hi guys, tekkno here. Expect to make some noob games, however winter is coming and I have a hard time to stay healthy. My goals are 135kg for deadlift and for SOHP somewhere between 50-60kg.

Last workout
30/12/2012

Deadlift
5x60kg
5x70kg
3x80kg

2x90kg
2x100kg
5x110kg

The press(OHP)
5x20kg
5x20kg
5x30kg
3x35kg

5x42.5kg
5x42.5kg
5x42.5kg

Reverse barbell lunges
3x25kg

8x30kg
8x30kg
8x30kg

Pull-ups
2x4xBW
5x3xBW

Farmer's Walk
3:00 min || 15 kg

@LegioTitan If you would like to update my numbers: deadlift 110kg and sohp 42.5kg

Last edited:
Hi guys, tekkno here. Expect to make some noob games, however winter is coming and I have a hard time to stay healthy. My goals are 135kg for deadlift and for SOHP somewhere between 50-60kg.

Last workout

@LegioTitan If you would like to update my numbers: deadlift 110kg and sohp 42.5kg

lol so you've gone from a 105kg max to 110 x 5? I have big hopes for you!

I went from 5x105kg to 5x110kg. The funniest part actually is that it felt easier to do 110 for 5 reps than 100 for 5 reps I did two weeks ago. Might be a mental thing.

Hey guys, happy new years. Glad to be part of this team, I expect we're gonna do big things this year :cool:

Good luck to everyone!

Hey all! Gunning for a second straight comp destruction here.

One thing I suggested with the squat comp that I think will work here as well is that everybody try to post a form check video and get some feedback. I know personally that both my DL and SOHP could most likely use some tweaks.

I can't lift until later into January due to a tweaked lower back. It got better quickly, but I can't risk injuring it this close to competition.

Just checking in. The only logs I keep really are on excel, so whenever I do my strength wor I'll post it here. Also, my starting max is with a belt.

Did some speed deadlifts last night before my ME upper body. did 8x1 with 225.

One thing I suggested with the squat comp that I think will work here as well is that everybody try to post a form check video and get some feedback. I know personally that both my DL and SOHP could most likely use some tweaks.

I'll post a SOHP tomorrow. Won't be deadlifting for a while but I can post a vid of a sesh I did a week ago.

Checking in. Hoping for a triple bodyweight deadlift (495) and BW press (165) at the very least.

Here here. I'll try to take a video a month. I don't have anything for deadlifts yet, but I have my pressing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ygegt3UIQ If you all see anything that warrants imrpovement, holla.

For my general training strategy, I'm doing 5/3/1 on bench, squat, and press. I was going linear on press until maxing out this week. If I can stay doing 3's my top set on 5/3/1 day, I should hit 195 for 3 before July. That'd be a 15 pound improvement on my 3rep max and more so on the 1rm because I won't be as worn down when I get there.

For deadlifts, I'm keeping it linear. I did 375x5x2 last workout. I'm adding 5 pounds every week, and I expect to hit 425 before missing reps, at least on the first set. At that point, I'll go down to 3x3 and try to make it to 445 before missing. That'd be right at the end of May or begining of April. I'll max out after that, shooting for 495, and reset. I'm not sure what I'll reset it to, but definitely a number I can do for 5's. And I'm going to go from touch and go to reset between reps at that point so they're more like singles. When the deadline is getting near, I'll be shooting for 510+.

Back