Media Legendary trainer Virgil Hunter reviews Pacquiao-Thurman, says Pac got Keith off long layoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And a rematch is justified. he also said 40 yr old Pac carefully picked Thurman, getting him off that long layoff.

Virgil said that it takes at least 3 or 4 fights for you to shake off the ring rust, also said that Pac will avoid Spence and Porter, and that the fight was not won until the 10th round when Pac hurt Thurman to the body. Said the scoring was suspect, it was way closer than what the other judges had it who favored Pacman wide.

This is the words of a credible legendary trainer the man who trained Andre Ward. so respect it please, he and I are on the same wave length.

That wasn't Thurmans first fight back and he is still 10 years younger than Pac so fuck that shit.

Virgil said that it takes at least 3 or 4 fights for you to shake off the ring rust,

Smh. Plenty of evidence that says otherwise .

What did you get a yellow card for you nutball?

Someone reported me for fighting bashing, because they posted a cologne ad with Pacman, and I joked saying it must smell like the rotten squid my neighbors were cooking outside.

I know who he is.
Then why do you disagree with his opinion, wouldnt it be enough for you to agree and say hey if this legit trainer who trained ward said it it must be true?

Then why do you disagree with his opinion, wouldnt it be enough for you to agree and say hey if this legit trainer who trained ward said it it must be true?
It's still possible to disagree with someone. And sometimes being an insider just makes your more bias. He can feel how he wants but I still think Pac being clearly past his best and still beating an undefeated fighter 10 years younger is really impressive. Sure it's not the best possible win out there but it was still really good for him.

It's still possible to disagree with someone. And sometimes being an insider just makes your more bias. He can feel how he wants but I still think Pac being clearly past his best and still beating an undefeated fighter 10 years younger is really impressive. Sure it's not the best possible win out there but it was still really good for him.
Hunter probably also pissed pac didnt fight khan, missed out on a payday there. Plus porter comment is bizarre Imo. Porter storming straight fwd like Hatton would end in him getting lit up

Virgil Hunter had an interview out a while back that said Manny Pacquiao started catchweights and was media hyped by hbo do you agree? I mean he has no dog in the fight, none of his fighters ever fought Manny. so I would think he is unbiased

Virgil Hunter had an interview out a while back that said Manny Pacquiao started catchweights and was media hyped by hbo do you agree? I mean he has no dog in the fight, none of his fighters ever fought Manny. so I would think he is unbiased
unbiased? Roach and hunter have a history of having a go at each others training methods and fighters.

Threads like this make me wish @Sunfish was still around. He would go full Trollballs on Tidwell’s candy ass.

unbiased? Roach and hunter have a history of having a go at each others training methods and fighters.
I never heard of that, I do know Floyd Mayweather Jr. Dissed Virgil Hunter as well as Floyd sr he said Hunter sucks as a trainer yet Virgil always praises Floyd. Manny never talked down or even mentioned Virgil. So at least Virgil is not emotional if Floyd and Floyd sr trashed him but he still put that aside and praised Floyd and give him props it shows he is fair.

You are nearing a boxing forum ban.

So all of a sudden just because you agree with someone he is now a legendary trainer.

So all of a sudden just because you agree with someone he is now a legendary trainer.
He is the head trainer of Andre Ward. Ward is the last male Olympic Gold Medalist out of the USA, and he is considered the greatest super middleweight and retired undefeated and a future hall of famer.

He took Ward from a child to the top of the boxing world, that says a lot dont you think about his boxing knowledge?

It says alot about Manny's legendary career that this about no.8 in his list of greatest wins. To beat a top rated welter at 40 yrs of age is incredible, Manny was probably the underdog amongst most in the game.

Having said that if Floyd or wilder had beat someone off surgery, who looked bad in their immediate comeback, with questionable drug testing taking place, there would have been a lot more negative scrutiny from in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back